Saturday, May 31, 2014

Of stories...

I love stories… all kinds of stories… happy stories, fantastical stories, personal stories… your stories. The bits and pieces of anecdotes you leave for me to read in the form of comments are like fantasy books to me, where I get to sit comfortably in a favorite spot in the garden, and listen… yes, listening, because although your thoughts are transmitted here in a written form to me they are messages and stories and anecdotes convey in a vivid form… like a child sitting at your feet listening to what you have to say to me… that’s how I see it.  I am enchanted. 

Remember when I shared with you on a couple of posts down how someone had mentioned the name of the “pretty pretty pretty” birds singing in my garden? They were the cardinals. Or at least that’s what she thought. Well, last night I discovered another comment, from another commenter, hidden somewhere in the pages of a previous post… I so enjoyed listening to whoever wrote it that I thought I would share her little story with you... which I simply find fascinating… 

“Cielo, the "pretty pretty pretty" singing is from the mockingbird and is one of many they have. Here in Texas they have quite a repertoire and this is one of many they repeat over and over. As I do my gardening I hear them as if they are saying actual words such as pretty pretty pretty, scary scary, teacher teacher! It is so funny to listen to them. Funny that this came up in your post the other day because I was laughing and telling my husband how I was leaving out the door that day when right above my head chanted "pretty pretty pretty!!" I felt like saying well thank you very much!! He laughed about it because he hears all this at 5:00 AM every morning when he leaves for work. The mockingbird's favorite perch is a telephone pole across from our bedroom window and he starts up very early! Thank you for sharing your stories.” 

Thank you thank you to all of you who come by and leave bits of your life behind for me to read… love it all… love you all. 

Oh oh dears and can I tell you what I discovered this morning hiding in the privets? Oh you would not believe what I saw!…


Have I told you that hidden behind all those bushes out there in the privet there’s a little wooden bridge that connects our cottage to the magical woods? Yes there is… I have never crossed that bridge before, because, well, the bravest thing I have done is just steeping on it… on the old wooden bridge and peek among and beyond all that madness of trees and shrubs out there… but that’s about it. I wonder if I ever would muster all the courage needed to go farther down into the mysterious woods.  Would you go with me?


Oh yes, I do believe someone has arrived… do you see her? Right there behind those trees… Or should I say high above the trees?


There are creatures of the Kingdom beyond the Enchanted Woods behind our little cottage for sure… but I’d have to share more on that at another time, because right now it just started raining again and I don’t want to miss the enchantment of it… got ‘a go see!
 
 See you soon! 

10 comments:

  1. Mockingbirds do have wonderful songs to sing. I love to hear them...but we do not have any around here. Love the fairy's shoes. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I enjoy about blogging is the people you meet. So many different stories out there told by people you will never meet, but it feels like you know them, never the less. I think the invisibility makes people comfortable like going to a masquerade ball. If they are shy and introverted in real life you would not know. It allows a freedom from judgment or criticism and allows you to just say what is in your head and heart for any and all to read and enjoy.
    And you dear Cielo bring so much to so many. From the updates on your new life to the trips to fairyland where you introduce your guests to all sorts of interesting creatures, to the bits of genuine little bits of wisdom you share, it's a pleasure to know you.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry you’re so right… when you realize you can be absolutely free to be who you truly are, friendship can take root. I am in awe of how many good people; kindred spirits, I have meet through blogging and how friendship unfolds here — like a divine masterpiece. And you, my friend… bring me closer to myself somehow. You all pull me inward to create, to reflect, to renew my spirit every time I come here.

      Blessings

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Close your eyes and link your arm in mine. I will take to you to the stars and back in the blink of an eye. Along the way we see things you have only dreamed about, but this wont be a dream because our ticket to this place is the magic in your heart and we can return whenever we like....
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all carry the seed of magic in our hearts and souls… a sparkle brought forth from our Creator Himself… some of us have decided to root this gift out, others forget about it… all that we can do, at best, is to breathe it, drink it or just live by it… love love your little poem... a treasure that I should keep. Thank you my friend.

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. What a sweet sound that must be! I don't think I've ever heard a mockingbird before. I found myself holding my breath as I read about who had arrived in the woods, then found myself smiling when I saw the pretty masque. A fairy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice to see all the changes such a magical beings makes on an enchanted land! I cannot catch all the posts but when I do I try to backtrack a bit and see what I've missed. Of all the things on your enchanted land, I am most intrigued by that Bridge and where it goes.....could it be the Bridge to Terabithia? I love that you are throwing wildflowers seeds everywhere by the thousands, oh my beating heart!! I am enamored once again with Queen Annes Lace.... well enamored doesn't quite describe it, I have a craving, a NEED for them for some reason and bought seeds online and pray they grow this summer here, when I lived in New York I had access to every flower and when I wanted wildflowers I simply drove up north, here is it not like that al all. I want' vases and vases of Queen Annes Lace....they are living summer snowflakes, white mandalas of delicate ethereal white lace...what's not to love? Can't wait to see more pics of your flowers as they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds so pretty... vases and vases of Queen Annes Lace... living summer snowflakes indeed! I love them too and I'm hoping that there were some seeds in that mix I spread out... waiting and hoping.

      Cielo

      Delete
  6. I always get a lump in my throat when I visit here. It's such an intense feeling - the beauty, the magic and that enchanting haunting music.................sigh.......what dreams are made of, indeed. Sisterly hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele... nice seeing you around again.

      Blessings

      Cielo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...