Thursday, May 15, 2014

Outside...

I cleaned the pond yesterday and moved the garden statues around. I brought Rebecca over to the pond, as I thought she’d be a perfect fit there with her water vessel and all, but she appeared way too small in her surroundings there, and thus, I took her back to where she really belongs—atop the stump, at the skirts of the woods… big, old, worm-eaten and absolutely enchanting to me. 


I know that Mr. little mischievous cherub here is happy to be back at his old post again—on the bridge above the pond. Oh I could tell he was annoyed at me for moving him to another spot.  You see, he loves it here and has been patiently waiting for the fishes to show up for the longest time… all the while making all these wonderful plans in his mineral head about fishing in the darkest of nights under a full moon. It was unfair of me to moved him, you know... so I brought him back and he’s been his regular happy mischievous little self again ever since! ;)


I’ve been planting around the pond and on other flower beds every day… a little here, a lot there. Does sweat makes us lose weight? It sure feels like a sauna here. Every thump of the shovel on the ground is a boulder that needs to be fought and pull out. I sweat rivers and then, I go out to the front porch and rest for a little bit... just a little.  And enjoy a lot.  The newly planted flowers are looking lovely... 


I love to sit there. I’ve been doing that everyday. I take my lunch with me and have a picnic with myself and the birds out there. The blue jays have built their own personal paradise amidst the tall maple trees that surround the front of our little cottage… I love watching them swoon the air in twosomes, sometimes in threesomes… like sapphire flashes of thunder all day long… And I wonder what birds are those others whose songs sound more like flirtatious remarks to me than anything else…. pretty pretty pretty—they sing all day long. 


Everyday sunshine brings some new blooms to my wild garden… so it seems. I'd so love to know the names of all these lovely blossoms that come to my garden just to make me happy… I think these are wild honeysuckles... and it must be, because the sweet scent is like no other... it lingers in the air like some enchanted butterflies… I so love honeysuckles.  

I may not have a place as manicured as my garden in the roses was, but good is good, wherever it shows… on the ground, in the skies and even in a bramble of weeds!


I sit out there in my backyard, quietly studying my surroundings and can hardly believe I am actually living my dream.  A real dream.  A little white cottage, the shadowy, almost unfathomable woods right at the edge of the garden, the little singing creek, the pond, the marvelous, enchanting sunny warm days, the songs, the hymns of praises and tweets of birds in this paradise of brambles, with all the time of the world within my hands to enjoy it all… to enjoy it freely, without a shadow of remorse or obligations or fear of human’s rudeness and trickery… all of it to enjoy to the very core of bliss.   


My gosh, it's just so good. This precious gift. This feeling of amazed wonder, and absolute freedom and overwhelming gratefulness that makes me a nobler and happier human being… thank YOU… thank YOU, Father.


Life challenges all of us to go beyond pain, 

to realize we are more than physical works of art: 

we are also spiritual works of art.




I'M LINKING TO: FISHTAIL COTTAGE

21 comments:

  1. Such natural beauty... And just the right, beautiful person to coax out every bit of it. I love the little updates... Your world is looking quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I' so glad that you are so happy in your garden - yes that is honeysuckle and it does have a wonderful smell. Soon you will have everything the way you want in your garden - I love to sit and look at all my flowers and birds. But we have had triple digit temperatures so it is to hot to be outside. But it will start cooling off next week.
    Have a wonderful weekend and looking forward to your future posts on you little white cottage in the woods.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, it is so cold here right now... temperatures have gone down quiet a bit. Drinking hot teas right now. Hope temperatures where you live cools off too so you can enjoy sitting outside...

      Blessings

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Nothing is sweeter than to get a whiff of honeysuckle! So glad you moved South and can enjoy nature's treasures! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I'm truly enjoying my wild Southern surroundings... thanks for stopping by!

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. I would certainly love to have you link up to Fishtail Cottage's garden party some time! Such a beautiful sanctuary you've created! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! And thank you for the invitation! I shall go by again soon.

      Cielo

      Delete
  5. Oh yes! I adore the Honeysuckle and how it fills the night air. I was doing some necessary cleaning at the street level of our house. As I was carting away wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of debris I was delighted because I was taking it behind a lot filled with Honeysuckle. I was thinking I could be happy and have a good night's rest sleeping beneath their vines. Have a wonderful day - chilly today, isn't it ;)
    Hugs,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy... I'm learning, yes, lots and lots of debris in the Southerns gardens.... ;) Thank you for stopping by. Always a pleasure seeing you here.

      Cielo

      Delete
  6. It feels so good to be "one" with nature, doesn't it. I love hearing the birds in the morning and feeling the dew soak my feet as I walk my garden every morning. Enjoy!
    Visiting from Fishtail Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were meant to be one with nature... oh yes.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Cielo

      Delete
  7. Beautiful. Honeysuckle smells so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Renee... I thought of you yesterday. Yeap, we were visiting your town. ;)

      Cielo

      Delete
  8. So glad to see the happy, care free mistress of the garden back...The look on the cherubs face is pure mischief. I suspect we could see that look on your face from time to time. Your garden is starting to take shape nicely. Rebecca is the gate keeper to those daring enough to enter the magical forest beyond...She needs a sign by her that says "Beware of Fairies and other creatures of the realm"
    I have been looking in on you off and on for the last week, but the terrible fires here have been so scary I didn't have much to say. Looks like we are out of danger now. Feel so bad for all those that have lost their home..that wold be devastating.
    Keep sprinkling the fairy dust around..
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear dear Sherry are you close to those terrible fires? That is awfully sad to see all those houses exposed to such terrible fires... May you and yours be protected and away from all danger. I'll be praying for you... and oh yes I need a sign with those words... it sounds magical. If only I could paint and make it myself... it will be so awesome!

      Love

      Cielo

      Delete
  9. Love this! I've always had a fondness for the woods. So glad you have found your dream! Also, absolutely LOVE love love the song that plays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "pretty, pretty, pretty" are the cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, are they really? The cardinals... they are so pretty too, just like their songs... thank you for letting me know. Love this!

      Cielo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...