Monday, October 20, 2014

From this... to this

Ah those sublime autumn days!  No wonder they’re the stuff of poems and popular songs everywhere.  Balmy days, brisk nights, cozy sweaters, vibrant colors starting to dot the landscape—even our childhood memories are likely to recall an overall theme of fresh starts and clean slates…

This is the reason I'm dancing and welcoming the season of color, pumpkins in the cornfields and leaves of rust and scarlet in the garden.  I’m ready to explore and celebrate the sights, smells, tastes, and sounds of the changing seasons…  In a way, my celebrating is also a way of letting go… letting go of this old season with its hot days and cicada song filled nights.  

I’m offering my goodbyes to happy summer times and summer skies, goodbye to the garden and each small wonder there… each flower, each golden rays of sun and pleasing memories forever kept in the opened palms of my heart.  

I’m dancing… it is my way of saying goodbye and thank you… it is my way of looking around and be at awe at what I see and feel… thankful for each blessing--small and big, in our lives.   It is also my way of following my own autumn-leafed road and be reminded of why I dream and believe and hope.

Now, at the end of this journey throughout the departing, tired season, I look around and I shudder, almost unable to believe what I see, and what I feel and what we have accomplished in such short time… from this wild, desolated barrenness back in March of this year when I first discovered our little white cottage…


To now this...


"Nature does not complete things.  
She is chaotic.  
Man must finish, 
and he does so by making a garden
 and building a wall" 
(Robert Frost)

"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands" Psalms 100:1-5.


18 comments:

  1. The miraculous woman who makes a home out of a house, a garden out of nature. I have some of those pics of my own on my post A Thousand Beautiful Things.
    And just a reminder, several of us asked about the illuminated book title in your "Simplicity" post? I'm sure we'd all like to have our own copy or gift them to someone, it would be so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear…

      But you would not want to know, really.

      You see, my ancestors in Old Castile were Celtics, who believed in some very strange tales and legends. It was said that around the 9th century, in the zone that is now comprised by Cantabria, there lived an ancestor of our people—a beautiful woman by the name of Alpha Centauri who one day received a very strange book. A very powerful and frightening magical book that gave much to talk… and fear.

      People in Alpha Centauri’s village believed that because she had a name that could only fit in the Universe, this book had come straight from there… from “The Forbidden Library” somewhere up in the vast lost Universe. My ancestors believed that, plummeted into the wrong hands, the book could only mean serious trouble.

      The book was passed from generation to generation until, somehow, I ended up with it… a true story I should expand on soon… real soon, by the way.

      Hope you can wait to hear more.

      Cielo

      Delete
    2. ummm, do I have to think about this? lolol, of course I can Not wait to hear more....Celtic roots....you too? :-) .
      The Time Betwixt Time is coming up shortly and would be perfect for the telling.....I alas, await. I shall prepare the bonfire, hang the candelabras from the trees, pull out my most magical tutu, don my tiara and summon the toads....

      Delete
    3. Dear Lady: Thank you for taking my story with a light heart… love the attitude.

      Glac bog an saol agus glacfaidh an saol bog tú
      Take the world nice and easy, and the world will take you the same.

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. Your vision, is as amazing, as your results...

    Happy count-down to Halloween!
    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog
    "Here there be more words" blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tessa... what a joyful respite! ;) I love free happy people like you!

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Hi Cielo, my gosh it is simply amazing how much you have done since you moved to your little white cottage. How lovely everything is....you should be so proud of yourself. I'm looking forward to pictures of your home this Christmas...take care friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sue yes... I'm so excited about decorating our little cottage for the holiday. When I started this blog I mentioned about my plan to have the holly hedge surrounding it removed. Then someone mentioned how beautiful it would look adorned with Christmas lights and that transformed my entire thought.... I'm so glad I listened.

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. Also truly beautiful, inspiring, and precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing metamorphosis! It's as if the entire house and the surrounding land came alive in an explosion of color and texture. That cute little fairy dipping her toe into the cool water is just the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you see it... it is my wish that all who come by will see the same thing you see... the explosion of colors and textures and a land that has come alive with love, a lot of hard work and a little bit of magic. ;)

      Cielo

      Delete
  6. Unbelievable! Wish you were my neighbor...so some of that beauty could spread into my yard. I've been busy cleaning my flower beds lately. Sad in a way...however....there is a season for everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet... thank you Jenny. Love, much hard work and a little bit of magic and you'll see... trust me!

      Cielo

      Delete
  7. What you have created at your cottage in the woods is just amazing. It is truly ethereal and magickal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear... I feel the same way ;)

      Cielo

      Delete
  8. CIelo que bella esta tu casita en un encanto tu jardin es precioso que contenta estoy al saber que estas feliz en tu hermosa Cottage y que contanto amor y efuerso la combertiste en un eden te felicito amiga
    que Dios te bendiga siempre
    Un abraso
    isora

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am amazed at the beautiful transformation in such a short time. Oh, my - you inspire me. I do not have a green thumb at all and it is a big deal for me to just tend to my little lavender and topiary garden. But, seeing your garden makes me dream of creating a flower garden in my future. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...