Thursday, October 2, 2014

Delicious October

There’s a hole, up above the canopy of trees…


It is the way to the dwelling of light…

and the bed of shadows


And the scorching sun of summer has turned mellow…

And the air is sweet and the woods beyond the garden are calling…


I hear a rustle, and the swish of a skirt in the evening light…

I stop.  I listen and marvel and wonder if...

 
 Perhaps, I would see her again today?

...all of a sudden cantering through the misty solitudes.


A spirit drifting through the woods—on wings of birds, on a blade of grass... on the twinkling lights of summer fireflies.  And sometimes, where my heart wanders, there too my feet would follow close behind... and I'd find magic contained in a drop of rain; sitting on the tip of my tongue I am… when I question the skies and rest on the border of thoughts and words… words too big to understand, words too small like shinning jewels, strange words with the sounds of thunder and the taste of stillness. As if I perfectly knew the old lost road through the woods of my heart…

And my garden of weeds has become a paradise these days.  Standing on the tip of the season it dances, it hovers over my thoughts like a butterfly.  


"I saw old Autumn in the misty morn
Stand, shadowless like Silence, listening
To Silence."  Thomas Hood


October, month of mystery and enchantment... how I love thee.  How delicious your days are.  Welcome to my world.





3 comments:

  1. Your words are pure magic Cielo. I can almost feel the autumn coolness on my skin and hear the song of the forest changing with the season. You have always been able to weave the magic that can take us to fairyland and make believe and turn it into reality. I often wonder if your family appreciates your gifts. Not your little fairies, I know they cherish their time with you, but the older family members.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Son, I hear the October torrential rains, which began here yesterday... And I have to agree with you. October is my girl, alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The old lost road through the woods of my heart" So perfect... Boy, that really brings a lot of thoughts to mind. It would make a wonderful first sentence to a book. Bringing forth words, big and small, but understanding fully through our hearts. Thanks for taking us with you into your magical woods once again...Delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...