Sunday, June 15, 2014

Magic in the garden

There’s always something pretty and leafy and green blooming out there in the privets. I like to tease this wild space out there by going as far as its boundaries go and then steal some of its blossoms to embellish my home with...


But I must be very careful out there. A whole new world of creepy crawly gooey flying creatures dwell in that jungle and I better not take any risks… Nature is so wild and strange and unpredictable around here, and I have so much to learn is overwhelming at times. 

Whenever I’m out there I think of how fortunate I’d once been to have had a garden so pure and lush and bountiful and such safe place to be and to work. I remember how I used to garden barefooted and I never thought of using garden gloves, and the sun was always your friend and the only insects were the good insects and evening lovers, the cicadas. I was free of all the menaces and dangers we face here in this humid wild jungle… Things are not the same around here for sure… there are venomous spiders and huge mosquitoes that would drive you nuts, and there are fleas and ticks and I’m so frighten of lime decease… 

I have hundreds of magical stories to share thought… because this is a wild place, the more enchanted it is… and I have seen and heard and felt so many strange and wonderful things around here… this is an enchanted place indeed, and the privets are home to fairies and wood’s imps. If you don’t believe me, take a look at what I found in the garden the other morning and you tell me… 


Lovely tea cups left on my magical tree? 

Left there by who?

And for what reason?

Can things get more exciting or magical than this around here?


Oh could this be a sign?  A hint from the Magical Kingdom people?  A celebration going on out there in the privets? Or a fairy gathering in the woods? Or perhaps, it's a witches’ jamboree... some sorts of a celebration going on beyond the garden?   Shall we go and see what's going on?  Shall we not?

I was pondering on these difficult matters when all of a sudden out of nowhere appeared that mysterious black kitty I’ve seen around here from time to time…


And from the privets came the eerie cry of the ravens… 

I was alarmed, and frightened…


Oh yes the witches of Neverland must be near!

Was Nature challenging me to dare cross the bridge to the Magical Forest?


And what should I do? 

What would you do? 

Investigate?

Run away?

Cross that bridge into the darkness beyond?


I suspect the King and Queen of Neverland are offering a Tea party at the Royal Castle and they have invited every magical creature in the Magical Kingdom and beyond; except for the witches, of course.  That’s why they are acting on the edgy side lately.  But what's one to do?  I would love to go to the King and Queen’s party.   Who wouldn’t?  The problem is…  I don’t have the appropriate attire for such a fancy occasion, and my only pair of shoes are the ones I use everyday in the garden, and they’re a true mess right now with all that rain and mud.  And my hair and my nails oh dear me… no no I could not possibly go.  One could never do too much or be too good or exceed enough at those kind of parties... that's what I think...


If you're like me, but still want to celebrate life and keep that small flame of magic alive within your heart, then you should go visit SHERRY, AT ROSES AND WISHES.  The fairies living in her neck of the woods are throwing a simple tea party just to celebrate life… isn’t this wonderful? Simple, unpretentious and unadorned.  Simplicity at it’s best.  Beside, Sherry is starting her new blog and she’s one of the nicest fairies of all Neverland.  You should go say hi to her! ;)
 
We love you Sherry!


2 comments:

  1. I would cross the bridge but wearing good flat shoes in case I have to make a quick U turn and run for it LOLOL.....
    I've been to Sherry's blog and I ADORE her pictures of her home, she is magical and sweet, and thanks for sending us there. She commented on my blog and when I visited with her it was sweetness and magic. And thank you for helping her too...
    I adore your storytelling, keeps me coming back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lady... so fun imagining... ;) It gives us wings, doesn't it!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...