Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Unpacking...

Last evening we brought home more boxes from our storage unit to sort things out… 


I’ve been busy unpacking things out this morning; unwrapping delicate glass, putting things away; giving more away... all the while rivers of emotions run through my veins…


I smile at times as I unpack things I had forgotten I had...


And sometimes I cannot help by crying a little bit too. It is always such a nostalgic thing to do. Unpacking things that had belonged to another place and lifetime it’s almost as opening a wound in your soul… a shadowy, indistinct window you want to crawl through and go back to the life you once had, but you know you mustn’t… you mustn’t get too close to that window because you know it’s going to hurt, and it messes up your vision; yet, you cannot help but going back…

If I think of my life at the present moment, there’s nothing more in my heart than gratefulness and amazement in it… amazement at how God has guided us and given us the desires of our hearts--those dreams of yesterdays in which my soul had dwelt through all those years of imprisonment of the spirit, now reality… I wouldn’t want to go back to that past, and I am slowly adapting to my present, but my girls remain in that past, and my heart yearns for their closeness, it yearns for rosy cheeks and little wet kisses on chilli mornings; to hear tiny feet running around the house like happy little birds on freshly snowed gardens… oh I knew this unpacking thing wasn’t going to do me any good… I just don’t like unpacking, that's all.

But oh yes, I must go back to my little life...
Be happy...
Keep the flame of faith alive
My kitchen looks messy this morning as I sort things out
and arrange them in their new places


Such a pretty mess...



I am spray painting more Ball Mason jars.  Experimenting painting them from the inside now. I found a whole box of them at our local thrift store -.25 cents each.  I think I shall go back tomorrow for more...


Have a lovely evening everyone!

Love




2 comments:

  1. Yes- Unpacking is always a bit like scratching the soul...some things just stir up so much emotion and memories attached to the item. Blessings- I know you are happy there but it okay to mourn a bit at that which used to be- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your sadness passes quickly Maybe just a little unpacking at a time then back to something that brings happiness. A trip to the nursery for more plants or how about a special dinner on your patio surrounded by candles and the fire flies.
    Too bad the ladies of blogland couldn't all get together and pay you a visit. We could bring wine and cheese and all sorts of goodies and sit and tell stories and laugh until our sides hurt. What fun. Well we are with you in spirit as always.
    Hope tomorrow is a wonderful day for you.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...