Sunday, June 8, 2014

Roses and painted Mason jars

All through my days I make rounds in my newly established garden to enchant my life… 

It is warm and the butterflies are finding their way here…


I’ve planted a Sioux Crape Myrtle that gives clusters of dark pink flowers… It stands right on the epicenter sort of speaking of our garden, and because I couldn’t wait for another small bush to grow and grace our space in some future time, I decided on a pretty good size of a tree this time. Thus, this Crape Myrtle is now the heart of the garden. Lovely, and promising in beauty and marvelous blooms to come. 

I have surrounded this tree with the spikes of pure white flowers of the First Lady Speedwell and the pink blooms of Veronique Pink Speedwells, and I have also planted at its feet a small plant called Angelonia, which I had never seen and it is also called summer snapdragon, with fascinating snapdragon-like flowers with beautiful colorations in purple, white and pink. It's the perfect plant for adding bright color to our hot sunny spaces and this tough plant will bloom all summer long. I love its spire like spikes of blooms. 

I am exciting about the huge variety of perennials you can find here… some variety I had never seen; others I have only read about. All beautiful and extremely hard to choose among. 

 
The Elle rose bush is in bloom… 


 The first roses of the season in our newly established garden.


Evocative of another garden in another place in another time...


I’ve been experimenting painting the inside of my Mason jars and I’d have to say that I prefer this technique to that other of painting your jars on the outside…

 
I love the “milk glass” finish and I love that the paint color clearly shows through the glass, but it still have that distinctly shiny appearance and smoothness to the touch, because the paint is viewed through the layer of glass, rather than being applied on the outside.   

I didn’t want to do all the swirling and twirling around the jar thing you need to do when pouring in the paint into the jars, so I decided to use spray paint instead of regular paint… I just sprayed the inside real good, and let the jars dry in the sun for a while.  A second coat got them all covered.  That easy.


I love love this sweet shade of pink…  Krylon Satin Ballet Slipper pink.


I didn’t have the heart to cut my Elle roses to make a bouquet, so I’m using faux this time.  I think any shade of pink, or purple roses will look fabulous in my newly painted pink mason jars… I don’t mind using faux roses at all.  In fact, I use faux often; particularly when I don’t have a better way to satisfying my need of them… 



LINKING TO:

HOME SWEET GARDEN
IVY AND ELEPHANTS
INSPIRE ME TUESDAY

8 comments:

  1. I love the roses in those jars. The pink pearls really make it sweet. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - never thought to use spray paint, they turned out so lovely. I am going to try this tomorrow using the same color paint - my peonies will look wonderful in them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, peonies in a vase with that lovely shade of pink... they will look awesome. I'll be there tomorrow to see your creation... happy painting!

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. I never thought you can spray paint glass jars. Yours turned out really nice and the faux roses are perfect in them.
    Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog Cielo! Just beautiful. I found you via Ivy and Elephants and am now a happy follower. The pink jars are sublime and I agree that faux roses are a wonderful way to satisfy a need for beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is a magical place, Cielo! I love the gorgeous shade of pink for the jars, so beautiful iwith the roses.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    ugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Cielo! Thanks for sharing it at this week's Home Sweet Garden Party! You are on of this weeks featured posts! {www.creativecountrymom.com} Hope you can join us again this week too! Hugs...Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...