Saturday, April 12, 2014

The child within...

Metamorphosis… something is always changing in me—in all of us, as a matter of fact. Time, circumstances, and life itself tends to do that in us. I am definitely not the same woman of a year ago. I am maturing in stillness and peace and trust and faith each day. But if there is something I’d never ever want to change in me is the wonder of the child within—which I always try to carry with me wherever I go… the freedom to be our truest selves, the zest for life and the vision of the world through the eye of innocence and wonder… let that be the language of our hearts forever more…
 

And thus… as you may have already figured, I am here at our daughter’s home, joyful and with a heart overflowing with thankfulness… spending time with my dearest little ‘Pebbles” (Averi) and now this new little angel life of my life, which I don’t know exactly what to call yet, other than her real name, “Elise”, until I can figure out her personality. Wouldn’t it be interesting if we were to be called by whatever name matches or fits with our personality, or soul? Uumm, “Mr. Grouchy”, or “Miss Gossipy” or “Mrs. Meany”. I once had a boss whose real name should have been “Mr. Psycho” but otherwise was normally known by a very different name.  Ok ok… where was I?


Oh yes my friends... at the house in the roses!!

  
If fairy tales were made of flowers, undoubtedly this is what they'd look like...
"Under the trees light has dropped from the top of the sky,
light like a green latticework of branches,
shining on every leaf, drifting down like clean white sand"
(Pablo Neruda)...


The world is a glass overflowing with joy and memories of long ago feathered friends and mysterious kitties wandering around and butterfly galore… petals under my naked feet, rose thorns tattooing my skin... little joys, big joys...

I could never feel any happier or joyful than here… this it is truly a magical place, a place where angels tread and God speaks softly in the ruffle of leaves and the fluttering of birds and the wings of winds…

I hope you take time to enjoy life's little moments... which, really... they are the real joys. 



3 comments:

  1. Cielo,
    I hope your time with your daughter and new grand daughter is blessed, and yes it makes me giggle to think of calling everyone names according to their personality:) Do you think it would cause people to change? Probably not huh?
    Blessings to you and yours,
    Teresa,
    sugar, spice and whatever's nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read my mind because I had been contemplating if you would be there at The House in the Roses while you are with your daughter and her beautiful family... And then, there you are, arms up toward the heavens, the Creatir, the Cielo!!! I loved it...to see the beauty you see... That is something I'm working to do... Elegant, joyful, kinder, quieter...in spirit... Those awful dark worries need to take long walks on short piers...lol... My ex husband used that phrase so often... I know you are enjoying your time there... See you soon back in your new cottage, weaving your new magic, praying your new prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...