Friday, April 18, 2014

Love flowers

Spring, certainly is the season when our fancies turn to love… have you noticed the birds lately? It’s mating season alright, but I was referring to some other type of fancies—gardening, of course, and flowering plants with romantic names that tell of love’s joys and sorrows. Here are a few of my favorites: Bleeding heart, cupid’s-dart, heartsease, passion flower, love-in-a-mist, and my favorite of all, kiss-me-over-the-garden-gate; an annual with big heart-shape leaves and fragrant, dangling clusters of small pink flowers… isn’t this a lovely name?

Yes, I’m excited about spring, and the arrival of flowers, and to be truthful, I’m also a bit jealous, and amazed, by all you gardeners out there already enjoying mounts of roses from your gardens… I so miss my roses. I do I do… I do miss my roses to the moon and back… but for now I have no other choice but to enjoy my garden of weeds… and I’m not even there to that! So I will have to enjoy my weeds from afar…










Amazing isn’t it, what you can find in the yard if you look close enough? Beauty is everywhere, if you decide that's what you want to see.  When I get back home, I will pick these weeds from my garden and fill a few small vases of weeds/flowers to put around the house…

Do you know of any other plant with romantic names?
Oh I hope you would share!




5 comments:

  1. Haven't you heard the saying a weed is just a plant growing in a place you don't want it. I have seen many beautiful weeds around our place with just lovely flowers on them. I know you miss your house in the roses but think of all the beauty you can create in your new place. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am... I am dreaming, floating in the sky thinking of our little white cottage and all I want to do... soon! ;)
      Thank you for the good wishes.

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. We live in the South and one plant you have is a wild violet. I love them and have many in my yard. I also have wild ferns, transplanted some to edge of our home. And we have beautiful lady slippers growing in our woods. They look like a tulip coming up, but then the flower top bends down. We also have wild azaleas, wild dogwoods that encircle our home and more woodland plants given by a loving Creator, so please don't destroy everything you have, just enhance it! Shelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, is that what's called? Wild violet! Thank you! I've been wondering about the names of my weeds/flowers ;) They are truly lovely and I want to keep some of them.... thank you for the info.

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. I love some of the weeds and wonder why they are so persistent, and came to learn they are the ignored heros of our medicinal world and are delightfully edible. And even if they're flowers are tiny they are very very precious and look completely ennobled when brought inside the house into little vases, they totally transform, like the old hag who who married a knight who then saw her true self, a vibrant beauty pretending to be old, once she was accepted in love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...