Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Thoughts on a rainy morning...

I cannot love our master room any more... and I cannot come here often enough and not stop and just admire the beauty all around.  I'm so in love with this dark gray paint, I want to paint the entire room in it... but, I am listening to your advise and I too think that the light of the white walls, which plays off the beauty of the charcoal, would be tainted and the beauty spoiled.  The only way to find out, of course, is to try it.  But I am procrastinating over it thought, not being sure.  


Wouldn't this wall look awesome painted in that same charcoal paint!  


Oh did you noticed? More mirrors! I know, whatever happened to my quest to want little? I'm still on it, but I discovered a few more mirrors in my treasure boxes the other day and I love them so much, I decided that I didn't care! ;)


Oh and remember the fabric I tore down from the entry?  I am now using it here...  on the HB.  


I love this fabric so much!  


And I love that I can now change the look of my room in an easy and inexpensive way whenever I want!


I adore everything black and white. Stripes, spots and strokes, geometric... they are now all over our bedroom and living room. 



It always amaze me how our taste changes with us, as we grow older and many other aspects in our lives change too.  I remember when I use to embellished my books like what you see here...



Still pretty... but I am now more into this:  abstract, bold, and geometric. 



I found this photograph this morning and had to show you... my mom and dad when they were young.  I have many people who love me, but I can sincerely and humbly say that nobody on this earth love me as unconditionally and as deeply as these two dear ones do.  They just love me for who I am.  No questions ask.  No why's.  Love and acceptance, regardless anything I do or won't do, anything I say or won't say.  Love, from the rest of the world, I have to earn it.  They just do.  They are the wind beneath my wings...


12 comments:

  1. Silly girl!!!! No one can have too many mirrors! Especially in delightful old frames! :-)))))

    Change? We must. All the Universe changes. If we always stay the same, we will be out of synch with the Universe, our first Teacher. Me-thinks...

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so true.... I do love mirrors too, and yes, one can't never have too many.... I think I need some tiny ones on that wall, don't you think so? 😜

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. Hi Cielo,
    I've been reading your blogs for a very long time...I'm thinking that I found your blog by way of Marcela (Siempre en algun Lugar). I don't know what ever became of her. She was such a nice lady.

    I was very pleased to find that you are still blogging. I stopped for several years and recently re-started my blog again. I had to transfer all of my old posts into another blog that I created solely as a dumping ground....lol!

    As usual, your blog and commentary are simply darling and will definitely be back to catch up on your previous posts. Your home is beautiful and guess what? I think you should do all the walls in that beautiful color. You have pops of pattern on your bed and white on the curtains. I think it would still look light enough but definitely feel like a warm cocoon. I am in love with your Hollywood Regency tray/table. What a lovely find!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so glad you find your way here!.... And thank you for the reaffirmation on painting those walls. Exactly what I was needing to here! I will..... I will paint! ;)

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Your master bedroom is gorgeous! I love the dark gray paint too, but I'm not sure if you should keep it as is or paint the entire room that color. Hmm. Love the wall of mirrors. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. Sounds as though you have your heart set on painting some more in the bedroom.Soooooo. why not paint one more wall and look at that for awhile? Kind of looking forward to seeing it. Be careful on rainy days. They cause us to dream up things. You know? Wonderful picture of your parents. Oh..cherish each day they are on this earth with you..loving parents are truly a gift not to be compared to any other. My parents are with me now in spirit. And you are so right. No one will ever love the way they love us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bedroom too, it is so warm and inviting for a restful sleep. I am changing ours soon. I was into pastels, but I want to go more boho. I still like to have each room different though. I think it is my Gemini sides that like different things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Betty I'm so with you.... I can never figure out what I want.... I have a different style on each room.... I'll be showing my gypsy room soon!

      Cielo

      Delete
  6. I love what you've done with your bedroom - beautiful!! I have recently discovered your blog and I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your blog...are my eyes crazy, or are the two upholstered pieces of your headboard different? Looks like the design on the left should be running horizontally...maybe just me? Love the books on the tables...did you make them or buy them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah... oh Barbara, nothing wrong with your eyes... just another booboo! ;) ;)

      Thank you for pointing that out. The books I made. So much fun!

      Good to see you around my friend!

      Cielo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...