Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My day...

Joy swirls all around me.  There's this kind of newness to the morning that is a welcoming respite of joy, and gladness and thankfulness.  Within my heart there flickers a little light, and above me over where shaggy green canopies of giant tress sway in gentle breezes, there I see what eyes cannot see, but the heart knows all too well....  


Closer is He than breathing... 


I stumble into Him... God is near.  I am elated...  He fills the garden around and above me...


The weather has mellowed in a sudden taste of fall too, and the chilly morning is melting in golden globules of sunshine.  




I sit here and, deep within my heart I treasure all I see and hear...
How wonderful it feels...
and how wonderfully beautiful everywhere I see. 


Even leaves carry the signs of the near future in their russet hues.  


And deep in the enchanting woods, dappled sunshine is making polkadots on trees and garden floors....



I've been working in the garden since early this morning, replanting, re-potting, weeding, cleaning the herb and vegetable beds... the knockout roses are doing marvelous, and so is the Ellie rose and Paradise bushes... they are such joy.



The slender twining Cypress vine is taken over the fairy garden...


in delicate ferny threadlike leaves...    


I cut some hydrangea flowerets this morning and made bouquets for my little white cottage... 


The sun in its journey is a lovely demoiselle, and from the window in my humble little castle I delight in recording her journey through the clear blue sky... it never cease to amaze me--the sun in its faithful journey through the day.
         

I wasn't expecting this change in temperatures today, and what a lovely and welcoming feel it was the minute I opened my door and step into the garden... this early autumn-like air is like a breath of magic swirling all around... The calendar tells us that autumn is still a few weeks away, but we nature lovers know better.  Have you seen any changes in your neck of the woods?  It feels like only a short countdown until leaves start falling from the trees around here...  

4 comments:

  1. Sweet post. God truly is near....The weather is supposed to be much more comfortable here tomorrow. Honestly I am looking forward to it. The heat has just been exhausting here to say the least. As soon as we see a break from the heat I plan to begin cleaning in the yard all that has been neglected this hot..hot summer. So..enjoy your time outside. We are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes...altho it was near 100 degrees here on the Plains of West Texas yesterday, the early mornings and late evenings bring a touch....just a tiny touch....of fall to us.
    I am no where NEAR ready to decorate for fall...we will still have several weeks of summer to enjoy.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous post - I can feel the magic that surrounds your little white cottage through your lyrical writing. Your gardens look so beautiful - I may have to try the Cypress Vine next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts and photos...yes, the weather is changing here in northern IL where I live, too. We are having cooler-than-normal temps at the moment and it seems more like fall. Some leaves are already starting to turn red. However, looking at the extended forecast, we're back into hot weather again next week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...