Thursday, June 30, 2016

Fantasy Thursday

Right behind my garden, way out past the hosta garden, by the creek that leads to the woods there's a place somewhere out there from which tales can be spun...


...Silly, fanciful, mysterious and creepy tales and fairytale dreams live there....  I remember the day I found this place...


Sweaty and parched after planting a new flowerbed, I walked over to the edge of the garden after a raven.  The raven flew into the woods, then waited for me perched on a stump.  Mesmerized by this creature, I followed him, but when I reached the stump where the raven waited, he spread his wings and — blink — vanished before my eyes... or so I thought.  


I was about to turn back to the garden when all of a sudden, overhead, a cackle was heard.  I looked up, and there he was, eyeing me from atop a privet tree!  The raven spread his wings and flew to another branch, always waiting, as if making sure I was following him... and this time I did followed him...   up the Golden Ragwort paths through the woods I followed him... 



Twisting this way here, going this way there...


Stomping and stumbling on twigs and fallen branches...


Bending this way 'round the wild Eglantine... 


The Sweet-briar and the Pasture Rose, common in thickets 'round here...


I kept walking, following the raven as he flew and waited and sang his crackled song atop the lower branches, always waiting for me, until I finally saw it... a shack beneath a twisted live oak tree all tangled up in wild roses... tall trees above me swayed gently with breezes and sunlit filtered brightly though the treetops, and beyond that... nothing but empty, leaden skies...


This was a bad omen, I thought.  And indeed it was!  But then, it was already too late... a faint cackle taunted me in the distance and I just knew right there and then I was standing on forbidden ground... what to do... oh what to do? Run, wait for the witch?  Perhaps wake up from a bad dream???


Your turn!!... I'd love to hear you continue the story... what did you see?  Where do you want to go?  Or do?  Where would our story end?  Please write on! Add a word, a sentence, or a paragraph in the comment box below. The catch is that you continue the story where the next person stops.  After someone goes first, we can each add to what they wrote and to the story, comment by comment.

It's a beautiful summer day around here and we'll be on our way to Florida early tomorrow morning for the 4th of July weekend...

Please continue.Let's have fun!

    

2 comments:

  1. As I stood there wondering what was to happen next, I realized running was not an option. The gypsy blood that is my ancestry had lead me to places like this before. Always wondering, questioning, seeking knowledge and adventure is what brought me here for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either everyone is busy, with the 4th of July holiday...

    Or....

    And more probably, the or....

    Or the rest of us, simply do not have the glorious imagination of Cielo and Sherry.

    And I fear, this is the reason...

    I know, I don't have it. Or at least, I have never been able to foster it. Have wanted to! Oh yes! Have wanted to. -sigh- But... Some how, reading the few lovely imaginative blogs, has more inhibited me... Than encouraged me.

    Then again, we don't all have the same gifts. It would be fine for me to try to conjure flights of fancy. I haven't given up. :-) But it will still be fine, if I don't master this. It will still be fine, just to enjoy, what others have and can write.

    Gentle hugs to the two story tellers here,
    from the listener, Tessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...