Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Rain, fog and rain...

All was still in the valley of the Walking Dead.  Mist had drifted in from the Appalachian Mountains nearby and was clinging to the atmosphere around the little white cottage...

Birds twittered uncertainly in the foggy damp, and clouds hid the sun...

A chipmunk came scuttling down the slope, fell head over heels, tumbled down the leaf-covered hill and picked herself up again.  Snuffling, she raised her cute little nose, listened, and headed towards the group of old fir trees at the foot of the little white cottage....

"I knew it" murmured the chipmunk happily".  "Oh, yes, I knew before the rain, last night, I could smell it coming, but she wouldn't believe me, no, not her!".

"Oh little chipmunk, but I do I do!  I knew it too... truly I did!".  I exclaimed.  'Cause, that's just how it is every time after the rain.  The following morning, after a rainy night, this is what we would wake up to...


It's call FOG.  And I love it!



It was so dark beyond the garden where the woods stand still like the very same zombies who dwell there, that you could scarcely see the gaping crevice behind the trees that swallowed up the mist...


Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little ;)... but if you know me just a bit you'd probably know that days like these can get my imagination running to full speed... but really, that's just how it's been around here... it's been rain, fog, more rain... would the skies ever give up and shut theirs door down on us any soon now?  I mean, 'cause it's been raining rivers round here.  It just doesn't stop!  It rained so much last night, and the wind shrieked and howled so loud that I had a dream our little white cottage was swooped up in the air like in the Wizard of Oz and... oh where had we landed?  The first thing I did after waking up was run outside to see what had happened there...


Milky waters erupted from the earth, overflowing the woods...





Can you imagine what could happen if it keeps raining this much for a while longer?... flooding and distortion of the natural balance of the ecosystem.  But I'm not going to worry unnecessarily, and just enjoy the beauty of it all... cause I do I do.. I find immense beauty in rainy days and milky, muddy waters....  days like these make me want to cozy up and wear warm, thick socks....


...Grab a book and a cup of joy.... 


And dream my day away...

May you find pockets of tranquility in your busy world, wherever you are...

  

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! The gypsy in our souls was made for rain and fog and cups of magical brew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cielo, I like to call it mist. I know it's fog, but mist just sounds more mythical and magical. I see you mention both, so perhaps there's a difference? I adore rainy days and here in the tropics rain often equals mist-fog....Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My darling Cielo,
    fortunately little by little the ground absorbes the overflowing water ... it has already happened here too, I grow a little thrilled when I see all that quantity of water flowing, but in a few hours everything come back at normality, I hope it was so for you too !


    Have a joyous weekend ahead,
    sending dear love tou you
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly, I am so truly sorry you are experiencing so much rain - you are right, it causes trouble in the ecosystem.....but like the miracle of natural, it rights itself eventually. No need to worry and push away your endorphins. : - )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh but it looks so beautiful water and all....Is that a dock I see? Obviously, it must flood a lot to have a dock? But I love your location and all the woody areas...so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...