Friday, December 4, 2015

The Christmas trees

The larger Christmas tree I had in our living room last year will have to remain in its box, as we don't have a space for it this year.  This is what it looked like last year...


 Not too big of a tree either... 



but definitely a much larger one than what I have this year, 
as you can see here.


This big chair here was sitting in our bedroom originally, but this summer I moved it to our living room to make space in our bedroom for my mirror gallery wall and a new side table that's sitting there now... 


Thus, that robed the only space available for the larger Christmas tree.  That's why this little one here is now the king of the jungle this year.  It sits on top of the table by the window where it doesn't take a lot of space.  


Adorned with new and bigger frosted lights.
I love these lights.  They look like winter moon orbs.


 I set a wooden dish filled with Christmas ornaments and twinkling lights by it...
It looks so pretty all lighten up in the evening.


Then yesterday I found this cutie at a thrift store and brought him home....
A fairy-elf with wings in the form of a holly leaf on his back 
and the cutest little cardinal in his hands!


I find him just adorable...


Chair with white slipcover


One of the two windows in our master bedroom


All lighted up again with the fairy lights I so love
May have to keep them up for a while after Christmas...  
'cause I like them so much! ;)



Outside our front porch sits the other smaller tree 
I thought I was just buying one tree, but instead found two of them 
when I opened the box last year. 



Outside looking in...


I made this Christmas wreath for the door.... in red, black and white to match with colors of my front porch.



And here is me taking pictures outside in my socks and new PJs... 
so cozy!   
And a little cuckoo in the head....


Burrrrrr.... oh baby it's cold outside!

Is it cold where you are?  I miss the snow, but I rather see it in photographs... ;)



LINKING TO:

THE SCOOP
METAMORPHOSIS MONDAY
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
INSPIRE ME TUESDAYS
INSPIRE ME MONDAY
ROSES OF INSPIRATION
TWEAK IT TUESDAY
TRASH TO TREASURE
A STROLL THRU LIFE
REMODEMANDO LA CASA
CHRISTMAS HOME TOUR
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS


10 comments:

  1. Bellissime decorazioni che scaldano il cuore!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cold yet where I am in N.C. Florida. But it can be... like you I miss the snow of NYC, but seeing it in pictures is enough for me.
    Pretty trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Christmas trees and beautiful decorations.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is very pretty. The outside tree is pretty, too.

    Cold enough here for the heat to be on. It is 41.

    I love having the tree lights on during the gloomy overcast afternoons. Seems like it stays dark way too long this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love the soft lights on trees and keep my little Christmas tree lighted all through the day and evening. I only turn the lights off right before going to bed. ;))

      Cielo

      Delete
  5. Such a wonderful post! So much Christmas beauty! :)
    Thank you for sharing!
    (Visiting from Roses of Inspiration.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is decorated so beautiful and I love your Christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty touches, love the warmth your home exudes! Thank you for joining the 12 days of Christmas blogger tour Link Party! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those twinkle lights behind the curtains are magical! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...