Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Rainy days are for imagination...

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” Lewis Carroll


The imps and fairies who live in the woods behind our gardens must have something to tell me, I'm sure.  They've been behaving rather strange lately.  Leaving behind some bizarre objects and such. 

Have they been coming out of their hiding places with the sole purpose of tricking me?  Or perhaps there's something more in all the mysteries that's going on around here?    

Ah yes, it must be that... the invisible entities from some other dimensions must have been crossing off that barrier which separates us from their world.  If not, how is one to explain this I found the other day in the little creek that runs through our property?


Is that what I think it is?  Goodness gracious me... a man's shoe? I could not believe my eyes the minute I saw that the other day...  and where is the other shoe?  Perhaps the mysterious shoe came with a mysterious someone and now he's laying dead somewhere in my woods?  I want to believe that the shoe belongs to some neighbor up the hill and that it was stolen and brought down via the rain... but then again, you'd never know, would you?  


Many many moons ago, in a little village lost from the hand of God somewhere in the mountains of Aragon, in Spain, there lived a very old and wise woman who believed that the universe was ruled by supernatural forces and we ourselves are part of this vast dynamic cobweb of energy exchange.

The woman's name was María Luz de Luna Arrazán, and she was our great great grandmother. 

Every day at the kiss of sundown María Luz de Luna Arrazán used to sit down and enlightened us her great great granddaughters with strange stories and mysterious fairytales of a vast, unbroken forest full of shadows and mysterious events that even made the little creatures of the forest tremble with fear.  Stories that we always believed true, and always, always left her side wanting to hear more.  


María Luz de Luna Arrazán used to tell us that fairies materialize from sparkling dew drops and that wood imps and other entities of the forest such as witches and trolls would silently slip into dusky shadows whenever humans trod too near. Some were described as being as small and delicate as mosquitoes, while others were said to be as strong and coarse as bears.  A few supposedly even changed their appearance right before one's very eyes.  Which it always gets me to wonder if perhaps all these fur creatures I happen to see wandering through my garden from time to time and disappearing in front of my eyes (yes, disappearing!)  may be those invisible dwellers of a mysterious world in disguise our great great grandmother María Luz de Luna used to tells us about....


The idea that a supernatural force may be at work somewhere in the universe with the sole purpose of tricking humanity may sound odd at first, but considering the vast wealth of reports of seemingly supernatural creatures, it may deserve a second look, don't you think so?  In any case, nothing can be more rewarding than imagining... it certainly let you travel as far as you desire ;)

OK, coming back to reality now.  I have been decorating our little white cottage for the holidays.  As some of you may already know, I'm not one to go overboard with holiday decorating, but I do have my little Christmas tree up and all the baubles and stuff I can muster, which are all on this table by the window. 



I like to keep things at a minimum.  How do you like to decorate for the holidays?  I found the following on some national casting website the other day and thought it was interesting:

"Do you or someone you know go overboard at the holidays? Are you constantly tripping over the same plastic Christmas decorations from the 1970's? Does the inside of your house resemble Santa's workshop? Do your friends use the word "tacky" when talking about your house at the holidays (and you agree)!? If you or someone you know needs a Christmas decoration intervention, we want to hear from you today!".

See you soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...