Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Painted furniture and French Limoges porcelain

I've been a busy bee these days... going everywhere, painting a lot of things 'round the garden and inside our little white cottage too...


The old patio furnishing was spiffed up in lime green...
Pretty, me thinks!


A thought popped up in my head right after I finished painting these chairs...
 Ummm, where was that pretty gingham tablecloth I brought from the house in the roses?


I hadn't seen it in a long, long time...
I searched all over our little cottage, but couldn't find it
Then I went to our storage unit and searched some more in all those boxes there....


Until there it was!! Happy happy me! 
Has there ever been anything that you lost and suddenly found, 
thinking that you would never find it again?  
Ah, such wonderful, happy feeling that is!


Years ago at the house in the roses, one day I found a gorgeous vase at a thrift store, that happened to be French, Limoges porcelain. It was love 'a primera vista'...  unfortunately, one day soon after I bought it, it disappeared out of thin air from our house... just like that.  I only got to use it once.  Filled it up with roses from the garden just that very one time.  Then, never ever saw it again.  Sad, ain't it?  The strangest thing about this is that right after that one time I used it, I completely and profoundly forgot I ever had it.  Like if some malevolent witch snatched up all memories of it out of my brain and made me forget I ever had it... was it the witch who lived somewhere in the gardens at the house in the roses, perhaps? ;) 


Years later, all of a sudden the thought of that vase popped up in my brain again... I felt astounded... where was it?  And why hadn't I seen it or had thought about it all this time?  Very strange indeed. Even today I'm still trying to figure out who might have taken it from my house or where did it disappeared to... do you think that maybe... maybe one of the underground trolls or fairies who lived in the gardens at the house in the roses might had stolen it?  Oh it had to be!  It won't be a nice thing to think that it was the cleaning lady who maybe had broken it and hided it, wouldn't it? 


I've been painting old furniture inside the house too...
Remember our little green coffee table here?  


It has seen many lives, this little thing has...
and is still changing...
From plain wood to light pink

 
to dusty pink


Then it was the green combo,
and now to this...


Super cute, me thinks!
And here's the exciting part: Wal-mart is now selling Chalk paint!  I have a new favorite paint now: Waverly® Inspirations Chalk Paint.  And only at $5.97


This old mirror needed some paint also! ;)


Lately, I'm so loving gold...


Do you like painted furniture?  Me too!  I have to say, though, I think people are starting to appreciate the look of beautiful wood in rooms again.   Me?  I could paint everything in sight if I could!  You? 


4 comments:

  1. Girl, you seem to get more done in a day than I get done in a week. ???!!!! Love the green on your patio chairs. Perfect tablecloth too. Strange about your disappearing vase. It must have been haunted when you bought it.Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband, whose hobby is woodworking, is pained by the painting of old wood. Well, nice old wood.

    I too, could probably allow paint on most everything. But can't stand the pained look on his face. :-)))) So.........

    His being a woodworker is wonderful, though. Since he can fix/restore just about anything. So have to concentrate on that side of it. :-)

    Enjoy your painting though... For yourself, and for those of us, who "can't"....

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy busy you always are... but that's good the furniture looks great.. I love the lawn chairs.. I have been in a green mode lately changed my living room to roses and greens.. I love the gingham table cloth.. lovely Happy Thursday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...