Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Confucius



I'm exhausted... feeling fatigued and drowsy, and I guess I hadn't realized that when in doubt, or when you find yourself in unwanted circumstances or stressful situations, when you don't know exactly how you want to advance, or what to do, or go about or know not what you ache for, or dare dream of meeting your heart’s longing, you do get tired and worn-out.  The mind it does have an incredible amount of power over our bodies... 

...and thus, I had my first job interview today, and I feel awkward with myself, and remorseful and still in doubt about what I said and will be saying, because those nice people had already formed the idea that I was going to accept their excellent offer, and I didn't... or haven't, and they were so pleasant, and showed me around the place, room by room, and they introduced me to everyone, and I got to meet all office support and some of the other attorneys too, and then when I was brought back to the interview room and those nice attorneys who were to be, or are going to be my immediate bosses asked me what I thought, I got this inexplicable, frightening feeling in me, and I felt a tight knot in the pit of my stomach and my mind just flew out of there, it flew and flew far away and all the way to the little white cottage, and I saw the little white cottage sitting under the bluest of sky all bathed in glorious, sweet sunshine, and I saw myself standing in the middle of the garden with arms and hands lifted up to the heavens, feeling the gentle, luminous tide of my soul; revived and joyfully free, and then, I opened up my mouth and heard myself telling those nice people the first thing that came to my tongue...   

Trying not to sound too foolish, or too crazy, I told them that they needed to wait on my response, because I was waiting to hear from another job I was really interested, which it is true only in part, and I may or may not be called for an interview with those other people, and all of a sudden I saw their disappointment on their faces, and saw how their mouth dropped and the nice lady attorney told me she truly appreciated me telling them about it out front, and being truthful, and the nice senior attorney asked me if I could give them my response by next week, no later that by next week and I promised them I would and said my good-byes and left feeling somber and happy and frankly, I just don't know what I truly, really should do, or shouldn't do, or why or even what I want... people's expectations of me causes such pressure.  My spirit is wobbly and my mind is confused. 


10 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, what a most precious answer you gave them, under the circumstances of how you felt I think it was perfect. They know they could not assume and to wait for someone to choose or not choose them is good for them, and your answer gives you some time. Just do not fret over what you said, you said it for a good reason, just let your spirit tell you and not overthink it. bravo. This is a case for totally letting it go and suddenly you will have your answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lady, I so thank you for leaving your wise words here, I so needed to hear this, to be reaffirmed and know that the right answer will come to me... thank you again and again...

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. I trust your final answer will be the right one, and bless you with great working conditions. Go with what your heart tells you. Blessings, Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqui... I truly appreciate every word left here by friends like you...

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. That feeling of indecsisiveness is the worst. It shows you are a person that places honor in your word and the word of others and you care about the impact on others of your decisions. I think you are remembering the bad situation of your last job and most of all the loss of your precious freedom. Is there the possibility of easing back into the business world by a part time job? Seems like that would give you the best of both worlds at this time. Go to your garden you will find your answer there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I was so waiting to hear from you, your wise, caring words are always like fresh water to me... thank you dear Sherry for reaffirming my confidence... I so need to hear things like that, to guide me and give me some hope... thanks again my dear friend

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. That was a lovely interview. Do follow the call of your wise and strong heart! So much to filter through. A happy workplace with lovely people is a spirit-filled blessing, but your home and garden are your canvas for the art in your soul. Not all jobs steal your joy. Yet they do steal your hours at peace in your kingdom, Dear Princess! I do believe you will make the right decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate you... kindred friend sister

      Love ya

      Cielo

      Delete
  5. Praying for wisdom and guidance for you in this decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Delaine... I turned down this offer... guess it was what my heart was telling me to do at that time...

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...