Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The moon

Did you get to see the full moon last night?


Round, yellow-orange like a perfect Mimolette cheese, and as magical as ever... a moon for when mysterious things happen and wishes come true.


Up the hill where all those tall trees stand in the front of our little white cottage, the moon was seen... coming up among those trees, as if rising from the ground... That's the view I get looking out from our front porch.  You see, our cottage is located right on the bend of two hills.  One coming up and one going down. Or vise-versa, depending on the direction you're coming, or going.  It all depends on directions. So if you're coming up the road from that certain hill all you will see is our roof—our little white cottage buried down at the bottom of that hill, but if you're going up the other way, then things stand higher up, and all you'd see are the tip of your neighbor's roofs and the moon right almost at the feet of those trees... something like what you see here...


It was getting darker very fast as I was out there taking pictures, and down that hill, the little white cottage looked mysterious, and quiet, and I felt the magic of ages wrapping up my soul in orange light... 


...the moon reigning over my little world, glowing down in its full splendor at all those willing to look up, or be out there photographing it.  What a magical moment that was!


And down the hill our cozy nest awaited!
So dark, and quiet!


Nights at the little white cottage are always so beautiful and dark, and I love the ambiguity and delicious mystery and coziness that surrounds us.  Nights in the country have no comparison... I would always prefer those country nights over noisy city nights.  The more when you get to live in a magical little white cottage, tucked away in a wood where fairy tales abound... a place where haunting beauty and magical strangeness surround you, and you get to live in a world where anything can happen. Frogs can be the handsomest of gentlemen, a thicket of brambles can hide a witch's shack deep in its floors, and a girl can fly with fireflies and dance with fairies... what else can one ask for!  Oh do tell me, where you out there adoring the moon too!

15 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you! To have such views, of the lovely Harvest Moon!

    Here, we got a tiny peek at it, on Monday night. Through the trees to our east. And a glorious reddish gold, she was!!!!!! Breathtaking! I tried to take a photo, but my little camera does not "do" distance, or moon taking, well. But we saw it! We saw it!!!

    Since, rain/clouds have come to stay. Heavy rain today, Wed., the actual Full Harvest Moon night. So I have little hope of seeing The Lady Moon, in all her glory, tonight. -sigh-

    May not see her but know she is shining up there! And if one could fly above the rain clouds, one could bask in her silver beams. :-)

    Come to think of it, imagination allows that, at any time!!!! :-) All we need, is to let our mind take flight!!!

    Happy, Happy Full Harvest Moon wishes to you!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta see that moon again today, if it only is from the comfort of my bed... Thank you for letting me know!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. I stepped out on the porch to howl at that beautiful Moon. I do it every month, have since my kids were little. My Mother used to when I was little. Not too loud now that I have neighbor's, but a nice--how...how...howoooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, how adorable! Love it! Can I howl too! ;)

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Oh my, how did you ever get such crisp clear pictures of that moon? It's simply magical. Your beautiful and haunting description of the road to the cottage as well as the photos of the moon reminded me of one of my favorite poems, The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes. The first stanza goes like this: The wind was a torrent of darkness among the gusty trees, the moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas, the road was a ribbon of moonlight over the purple moor, and the highwayman came riding, riding, riding. The highwayman came riding up to the old inn door....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that poem, but it is sad!

      Delete
    2. It's a beautiful poem but yes, very sad. It has brought tears to my eyes more than once.

      Delete
    3. Beautiful... and totally enchanting...

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. I saw her, that beautiful moon that has enough beauty to shine over you there, over your House in the Roses and grandfairies... and over me in the middle! I hope you and your family is safe through this storm on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying and hoping everyone is safe... I'm so scared. I could have picked them up and brought them with me by plain, but mom is in such estate it would had been so difficult for me. I didn't know what to do, so my sister took them with her to her home, which is only 3 hours from where they live, south. It is not really too far away from their coastal south, but at least they are all together. I feel so guilty.

      Cielo

      Delete
  5. I love the pictures of the moon. I always keep our blinds up in our bedroom because I can see the moon from our window. Love it on a full moon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Red Moon was barely visible through the thick smoke of fires that are burning intensely in my Western World. Much like Mr. Sun has looked during the daylight hours for the last three weeks. I am hoping the Autumn Rains appear on the Earth once more, and Peace will reign.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...