Saturday, September 9, 2017

My gypsy soul

Hi, I am here again!  Yes, you must all forgive me for that.  I'm not addicted to blogging, or social media, I promise.  I'm just a bit anxious, and a bit edgy if you may, about what's going on in my beloved Florida.  So to soothe my soul, I need to sit down and write.  

Are you a bohemian?  Do you like decorating in bohemian style?  Bohos are not restricted by other people’s opinions. There are no trends in boho decor — forget Shabby Chic, French provincial and all the design labels. Bohos are pickers and choosers who follow their own tastes. Boho is a state of mind rather than a look — have you got the boho in you?


This here is my boho room.  It is also my favorite room in my entire house.  What I like about it is the fact that I can decorate this little space just as I please, whenever I please, without having to fight the guilt of thinking that perhaps someone might not like it, or may find it too peculiar, or too busy, or simply too unusual or just not them.   

I change it often, and decorate it accordingly to my state of mind.  I had recently taken down all the art I had on these walls; which were actually almost all covered up in them.



I had a nice assortment of art in my gallery wall; not specifically matching in any sense.  Different styles, and frames, colors and so on, but I loved them all.  I love gallery walls, but I worried about all those holes and scratches I had put on those walls, and my spirit would not find its peace until I took them all down and filled all those holes one by one and painted the entire room.  But that's just me, because I am a little OCD.


Now I have a more serene look going on in there.  Basically the same boho style I had last year, but with a few changes.  I have a new Mandala embellishing my bed, this time in black and white, because, usually, my spirit craves the peacefulness of neutrals.  But I do have all other colors too, just in case the crazy-gypsy in me comes out and request I change my room to teals and oranges and thus far. 



Bohemianism has always been associated with artists, musicians, writers and designers, and if you are here, or come here often, you probably have artistic leanings too. Why not start work on a bedroom mural or collage that tells the story of your life as it unfolds? 



Famous bohemians I admire:

Artist Frida Kahlo
Singer Stevie Nicks
Poet Leonard Cohen
Dancer Isadora Duncan

Are you a bohemian girl?  Who's your favorite bohemian?

Do share!



11 comments:

  1. If I am, I'm a lazy one, I fear. Because I never "did" a room, "of my own," so too speak. But I love, how you do this. And I always love your use of faerie lights. Now that, I do try to do. I keep my faerie lights up, all year!!!!!

    I love the ambiance of faerie lights, and soft small lamps... Don't care for over head lighting, except when working in kitchen. Then!!! I have to have all over head lights on! Or I "can't see"!!! ,-) But when I am done, off they go!!! Leaving just the faerie lights, around door into den, and around eating area window.

    I do have a quite unusual wall color, on front room walls. It's north facing and we are more northerly and so it sees cool. So I had a sort of a deep, peachy color put on. Rather wild looking, I admit! -grin- But we like it.

    The man who was painting it, was...... Underwhelmed, to say the least. >,-)

    And he had to paint our power room, laundry... A deep red! With which he probably didn't resonate either. But... It was for _my_ powder room, laundry.

    Soooo, I guess... I am a bit boho, after all!!!!!

    Oh and I love, love, love the way you dress! I'm older and rounder, so I can't do what you do! But I finally got myself some longer jumpers for this winter. I have to have them shortened, to just where I want/need them. But I finally am really doing something, about this long wanted longer skirt dressing! And that certainly counts as boho too! Following my own taste.

    Keep right on blogging, since it calms you. This is a terrible time. And we are powerless, to change it. So we should do, what helps with the stress.

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Ms. Luna! Please pretty please take a pic of your new boho outfit and let us see! Happy happy!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. It's always fun to have a little magic in our life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking and praying for you all at this time. I love how you use black and white but it still seems feminine and yep there's definitely a bit of boho in this chic. Keep on blogging as much as you want to because you bring a lot of enjoyment to us as well as peace to yourselfx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so nice... thank you so much for your words... they bring encouragement and happiness to my little heart... blessed be!

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. It is now Monday, at 1:15pm.

    Hope you have heard news from FL relatives.

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No electricity or water, but they're doing fine. Sister taking mom back to home where she'll be better attended. Thank you for asking.

      Cielo

      Delete
  5. That comment above. From a "Ly Heng."

    It does not seem to make sense.

    And it has a weird clickable link.

    If it got into my comments, I would delete it quickly!!!!

    Because very bad sites, are linked to, in weird comments, left in blogs. And one of your readers, might be silly enough, to click on it.

    And that is why I have Comment Moderation on. Even though I don't like to have to.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Nasty spammers! thank you for letting me know.

      Cielo

      Delete
  6. Dear Cielo, yes! I have a Bohemian soul. As does my daughter. Alas it is not my husbands preference, so I lean towards my French Provincial side for his sake, as far as décor goes. I adore your Bohemian room. It's everything I imagine I would have, were I to secure a room that was ALL mine :) Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...