Sunday, May 8, 2016

On a Mother's Day...

The woods have bloomed...


...in a profusion of white petals... 


And the flowered privet trees carpeting the hedge of the woods, stand tall and wide... Leafy arms overflowing with their white jewels bend low, ready to freely gift them to you as you walk under their shadow...  


White, wispy blossoms... and the scent of the privet flower—honey sweet on my soul.  


Every glimpse into the trees are a marvelous tangled mass, and light, filtered and gentle, descends over the floors of the woods in spirals of golden joy... softly reposing on branches, and leaving twinkling lights on leaves and on every thing I see...


When you look up, this is what you see... a living curtain of beautiful, highly scented blossoms forming a canopy of joy above your head...


I walked the peat-pebble paths under white blossoms and look about and around me, and stop and look again, unable to speak or utter a word... the place speaks for me, and it is a kind of speech and an acclamation at the same time... Nature speaks in the things I see.  It speaks to my heart with the voice of God, and if you'd walk in here and listen carefully, you too would hear it speak... 




And how could it not be... it is so beautiful, so beautiful everywhere I look... a place brimming with petals and color, bird songs and such enchanting scent... 


There is no point in hurrying because this is just exactly where I want to be.  However far or long I travel, this is where my soul lives... it's where I was yesterday and where I will be tomorrow. 


 Red is the color of my soul these days... and white is the crown over my wings...


This place doesn't cease to amaze me.  It is so lovely and quiet and peaceful and loud with bird songs... it is one boundless singularity and a marvelous thing everywhere I look... every bend in the path is the same from every other, and yet every petal is unique, every rose a different rose, every wildflower and weed a very thing of Nature in a way it would hardly matter any more...


I walk always in beauty, it seems to me.  There is pleasure in the solitude, there is rapture in the canopies of trees way above our little white cottage, there is a population of living things and growing things all around, and none intrude, none are a nuisance... I love them all.


By the woods, by the pond, by the privet trees, in the little garden area I have created right off the dinning room... a shout, a hymn, a prayer.  I love it all...


I'm one to scatter birdbaths all around the garden... tuck them between the roses, hide them among the hostas...


I particularly love this one, standing in "The butterfly garden"... It was given to me by my husband one day just because... and it lights up at night... 


it is a birdbath and a solar light as well...


This lovely mosaic tile birdbath with a hummingbird, I found at a thrift store for a few dollars.... it is so beautiful and large.  It is standing atop the old recycled LAMP I found in the trash at our storage unit.  It looks so pretty sitting there.


The birds love it too and they seem to prefer this one for their daily baths...  I have named this part of the garden by the pond, "the hummingbird garden".


Today I chose for my mother's day gifts, things for the garden and worked there all day long... all day long tending my little paradise, dividing perennials, weeding, watering, spraying Neem oil on roses and such under the most amazing and warm and gentle sun and lovely breezes; the scent of the privet flowers pervading the place with the most amazing of perfumes ever...  I repainted this old chair from black to blue and placed it among the pink roses...


It works as support to the long, super full canes...
but I also love the combination of baby blue and precious pink


I didn't mind that the black paint showed through... I just did a fast, bad painting job that happened to turn out looking lovely...


I also spray painted this 'originally' brown, plastic flowerpot in lavender loveliness...


My husband often asks me why I work so much, and I always respond "I'm not working, I'm just enjoying every bid of it!" ;)


The hostas are doing so well... I've never been able to grow such big, healthy hostas before.  When I gardened the gardens at the house in the roses I always wanted to cultivate hostas, but my sunny little plot didn't let it happened.  Here, they love it, and are always fresh and perfect...  I grow them everywhere, in pots and in the ground...




Did you all had a lovely Mother's Day?  I hope you did. 
Here's a little virtual something from you!


Blessings and good cheers!




5 comments:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day in your paradise, my adorable Cielo, I wish you a most wonderful new week ahead, sending much love and blessings of Joy to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are home in your paradise. I have a wooded yard and love the peace of nature. I imagine walking with you in your gardens and then having you come to visit me in mine. We are Kindred Spirits in so many ways. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely... I'd so love that... from garden to garden from kindred to kindred....

      Blessings to you Sandy...

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. I so enjoyed our walk through your lovely garden. Now I will smell the wonderful scents all day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...