Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The rains...

After an entire week under the scorching sun of FL, we are now back to our little white cottage, which, I may say, has almost been swollen up in its entirety by the inscrutability of the color green and the abundance of the woods which surrounds it.  It amazes me, this amount of life and the incredible speed in which things grow around here in just a mere week.


And thus, my little garden has thrived in my absence... it has flourished, sung mysterious songs and lingered in the abundance of branches that are now teeming with young green leaves. 

Our area is under a severe weather watch. It has been raining for days, so I hear.  This morning it rained so much, and it got so dark that it was almost frightening.  Someone must have turned off the light of day, because our little world became a shadowy, gloomy place under skies so laden with rain as I have never seen in my life.  But everything is looking wonderful in the garden, dark green is the color reigning under dark gray skies.

The little creek which separates the garden from the woods has swollen up bringing in its flow a myriad of treasures from unknown places deep within the woods.  It is running full, and it is nearly in high tide, and if I close my eyes, behind my eyelids rain would make green spirals and pinwheels, as it soaks my face ever so gently. 


All throughout the day light had carried in itself a deep green hue that makes everything look dull and featureless.  And you feel as if your world had been placed under some gigantic magical glass dome bell jar where things still grow... 


We had such wonderful, blessed time in FL with the entire family... family reunions to me are one big miracle and one of the best things on earth to build ties, cure loneliness, practice patience and strength love, affection, devotion, forgiveness, and an opportunity to grow in heavenly graces to become a better you.    In every conceivable manner, our family is our link to our past, and a bridge to our future.  Babies, children, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers, grandparents and great grandparents. Like branches on a tree, our lives may grow in different directions, yet our roots will always remain as one.  I am blessed, and thankful for the memories built on those precious moments of last weeks.    Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life!-Albert Einstein.

Three year old Lissy and I went on a shell hunt along the beach while everyone else was enjoying the waves or swimming...  I placed our shells on one of the birdbath by the pond.  Now every time I see then I will think of my dearest little precious girl and those precious moments under the FL sun with her.   


The hostas are out, and the bird of paradise bulbs are showing up.  There's a sound, a call of a bird or a frog's song coming from the creek that enchant my ears, and make me look up from whatever is I'm doing and try to find where is coming from, and it is more like a soothing sound of water being disturb by some small creature than the sound of the creature itself.  Deep among the bramble in the wood, I discovered two black birds standing on a low branch engaged in bird conversations.  Quiet talk between themselves; caressing each other almost like lovers would do.  The natural world would never cease to amaze me.


On the very last day of March, a judge from one of the courts in our little town called me out of the blue to ask if I was interested in some job they were posting.  The day before we left for FL I had that interview. Then the following day, just as we had arrived at our hotel I received another call from that same judge who let me know I was offered the job.  Today was my first day at my new job.  For four years since we moved to the south I've been enjoying the solitude of our little white cottage, enjoying my days free of care from the outside, enjoying my freedom, and my woodsy gardens, but I feel this was a God-induced offer, and one I couldn't turn down.  So here I go again into the world.  I go out with pockets filled with smiles and good wishes, hope, faith and a great amount of uncertainties too.  But oh, I know who's looking out for me.  

"You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head" (Psalms 139).


2 comments:

  1. :))
    Many blessings, Cielo, with your new job.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita... all is going well.

      Cielo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...