Monday, May 11, 2015

The Privet flower...

Same days same hours; same things.. and yet each morning we're born again... the new morning always knows how to bring better hours and days filled with wonder...  


Does it happen to you that sometimes, in the dark of night, life becomes something of a terrifying thing?  I call those night 'the dark nights of the soul'.  But then, morning breaks in the panorama, light starts to fill the dark spaces of your soul, it touches the tired sockets of your eyes dissipating fears and any numbness of your brain, and it fills you with mirth and blessings and goodness and then...


Everything change in a zilch of that moment...  you roll over, buried half your face in your pillow and smile slightly... it is then the overwhelming realization washed over you that there is so much more to life than simply surviving a bad night...  There is never a night or a problem that can defeat sunrise or hope, don't you think so!


The woods behind our gardens have been dressing up themselves in supple dark green dresses, and the wild Privet running rampant near the little creek are wearing crowns made out of white flowers shrouded in such a fantastic fragrance.


Their flowers are in bloom and are filling the earth with an enticing sweet fragrance almost impossible to describe..  It smells like honey and sweet dreams and butterfly wings and it smells like magical woods and happy spring days.



The flowers of the Privet remind me of Lilac, but with a stronger sweeter scent than Lilac typically carries.   A wonderfully strong scent that captivates me and keeps me outside, wanting to return here time after time during my day... like a lover singing love songs outside my window...


One neat thing I noticed is that Privet flowers hold their scent really well.  I broke off a few branch of blooms this morning and brought them inside.


Our little cottage now carries the glorious scent of the garden outside... 


It smelled like a spring day and that’s about all I can say to describe the lovely scent.


Always remember this my friend:  "For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning" (Psalm 30:5).



Hasta luego!

Cielo


LINKING TO:

BLUE MONDAY

7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Please place a link to Blue Monday on your post so that others can find us. Then return to link in again with Mr. Linky.
    http://smilingsally.blogspot.com

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you for letting me know... I tried linking before and it didn't work so I left... I am trying again ;)

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is lifted. Thankyou Cielo...Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I love your gardens! I joined too come see me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a peaceful night and happy dreams. Thanks for your words of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing how beautiful any sort of greenery looks in a pretty vase? I often find myself searching for large showy flowers in my garden only to be dissapointed when there aren't any in bloom and I tend to forget that leaves and flowers of any type and size can look quite stunning in an arrangement as your privet flowers do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...