Friday, December 26, 2014

Days are lengthening nights are shortening


Days are lengthening nights are shortening, I want to believe this even if I don’t see it, the first froze of the year woke us up this morning, icicles clinging on tips of fingers made out of grass, I see how wan the light is, the rain comes and comes, the wind picks up, the air gets colder the sun comes up, Christmas came, family gathered, presents were exchanged, stories told, friends visited, the house lighted up, it felt warm and wonderful, I cooked and cooked some more, mixed herbs baked goods, cleaned, sung old songs, spread out the magical shroud of love for everyone to come together under its spell… left nothing out for us to miss or seek; bound together by special moments in time and affections around the Child born in Bethlehem, people came people went, we shared our lives, we danced, we laughed, we embraced and said our goodbyes…  how the sun stretches further into the evening, and how the trees outside my window are bending down; stretching out thin arms as the little birds come and peck on goods, the days are lengthening nights are shortening, and I wait… I await a new day, a new sun, a new year, a new life a new earth…


The merry year is born
Like the bright berry from the naked thorn.
~Hartley Coleridge

HAPPY NEW YEAR!




7 comments:

  1. Great post. Wonderfully written and said in your unique way. Sounds like you got to spend time with family and friends. But now, my friend, rest...for a whole new year is just about to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Cielo . I also love coming to your beautiful and magical blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet girl, So glad your holiday was wonderful, filled with the love of those you hold dear. Wishing you a blessed new year. xoxo,Susie
    p.s. I too was excited about the 1st day of winter to be gone...on with the longer days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. So happy you could celebrate with family and friends. Longer days are always welcome. I love the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post Cielo. Just stopping by to wish you and your loved ones a blessed 2015 querida amiga.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... Just came across your blog for the very first time! I have some catching up to do! I really love your style! Glad I came across your blog:) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...