Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Returning home

The blue Endless Summer hydrangea by the front porch is full with new blooms—finally. Not a single floweret was seen throughout the entire summer. This hydrangea was definitely not doing any honor to its name. Until now.  And maybe I will still have blue hydrangeas by Halloween? 

Halloween. The word always brings magical thoughts to my mind... of chilly evenings and crimsoned leaves swirling in autumnal breezes. Warm sweaters, pumpkin pies, hearty black bean soups and out of the oven warm baguettes. To catch a leaf in midair, make a wish, kiss it and toss it into the wind. And a time to return home.


And thus... we've been deep cleaning outside and inside our little white cottage so that we can finally put it up in the market for sale.  Yes, it is official my friends!  We're returning to the house in the roses before the year is over.
 
It is with hearts filled with bittersweet emotions and nostalgic feelings that we're preparing ourselves to say 'goodbye' to our beautiful, cozy, magical little white cottage in the woods.  Our dear sweet nest that for so many days gifted us with shelter, joy, and wonder. 


So many emotions, so many thoughts running through our minds and hearts. Life is such an unpredictable adventure! For who would have thought back then when we were living our dear house in the roses on that Halloween day, four years ago, that we' were to return to it?  And in such short time! 


A blessed time it had been, and some wonderful years spent here at our little white cottage. Years of spiritual growth, a time for fulfilling dreams, making new friends, collecting eternal memories. Years of togetherness and amazing blessings, miracles, and dreams come true.

I am thankful beyond words for every moment spent here, for every memory made. Thankful for everything I was able to accomplish, for this precious garden created out of my hands by the breath of God.  For that magical, perfect wooded area behind my gardens.  For my birds, squirrels and rabbits. For that enigmatic white rabbit wearing a waistcoat that I see roaming my gardens from time to time. For the witch who lives somewhere deep in my woods.  For the pond and the fishes.  For the white cat that on one cold winter morning came to me and stayed around until the roses bloomed and the robin-blue eggs hatched. 


Thanksgivings and Christmas at the little white cottage—what a delightful time you were! Surrounded by dear ones who for the very first time since I left my maternal home and went far away were able to come to us, and celebrate at our home.  What a blessing it has been to finally be able to be the host and serve, and love and be one in harmony, love and acceptance!  Fairy lights on the country porch and twinkling stars on the holly hedge.  


The round, orange moon at the feet of giant trees up the hill.  The dark, silent country roads and fireflies in June.  The mist after the rain and the quiet hilly roads on my morning jogs.  Elephant ear and crepe myrtles.  The distant coo call of pigeons and the songs of wood frogs.  The loud courtship songs of cicadas, the yellow bus at 2:00.

My little heart is overflowing with gratitude. For the precious gifts bestowed upon us these past four years. For the proximity of dear ones and all the many occasions we were able to see them and be together.  A precious gift.  A dream come true.  

Thankful beyond words for our precious little white cottage of my dreams, surrounded by trees and that enchanting wood at the edge of the garden where the voices of Nature can always meet my heart. Sunny, magical, and filled with birds.


My little heart is crying inside.  For what we're living behind.  Because the human heart is just like that. We wish for that what it is not and cry for that which it was.  And I'm almost forgetting that I cried for many days when we first moved south, remembering what I'd left behind.  And I can't forget that I'm now crying for all I've learned to love and soon leaving behind.

Mixed emotions.  A heart that is torn between two homes, two gardens, two lives.  Wish me well.  Wish me luck.  And please don't forget me.  Come and say hi and follow me back to the house in the roses, and that new life that's awaiting for us.


I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a follower a reader and a friend!  
I love you all. From the little white cottage... to you.


PS: I will continue posting and documenting our progress, until the day we say goodbye to our little white cottage forever.      



11 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. The one constant besides the overall guiding light of God... is that you and your husband have always been able to create a home, a magical haven, a perfect fortress from the world. The beauty is within you, so you carry it wherever you live, wherever you go... Look at your Gypsy caravan! You bring elegance and fire for even a short getaway. I admire the energy you channel for beauty indoors and incredible kinship you have with plants, with God and with nature outside. Your children and grandchildren will be so blessed, as are you! Hugs! (Following you back across the country. I am!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed news Cielo. I know that you must be relieved now, having made this tough decision after weeks of hesitancy and doubt. Oftentimes the hardest part of anything is the uncertainty. Hopefully your little white cottage will go to someone who will care for it and cherish it as much as you have done. I remember from your postings years ago that you had put the house in the roses up for sale and it would not sell. Well, now we know why! You were meant to come full circle and return there so it was just waiting for you to come back! Dios, en Su infinita
    Sabiduría sabe porque hace las cosas amiga. So now we will follow you back to the House in the roses and watch as you coax your garden to life once more just like Mary Lennox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this! "...you had put the house in the roses up for sale and it would not sell. Well, now we know why!"

      What a lovely thought, "Housetropical"!

      Luna Crone

      Delete
  3. The decision is made! And for that, I am glad.

    And now begins the process of leaving, again. That makes me sad, for you.

    I wish you all that is well, with this whole process. Knowing it won't be easy. But also knowing, that you manage to come to terms, with "what is." You have done it before. You will do it, again.

    Plus! This time, you are not going to an unknown destination! You are returning! To a loved-for-years destination. How wonderful, that "The House In The Roses" was not sold, but rented! How wonnnnnderful!!! It would seem, that THIS has to make it a bit easier, to relocate.

    Because you must have left a bit of your heart, there. And you will be returning to, and reclaiming, that bit of your heart.

    Again, I know it will not be easy. And again, I know you are resilient. And I know, your heart will find peace, back home, in "The House In The Roses," again.

    And just THINK!!!! How that little home, and the gardens surrounding it, will feel?!? To be loved again!!!!!!! I don't know if a house, can 'feel'. But your long abandoned plants, surely can.

    Oh yes, please keep filling us in, on this whole process. Please do!

    And again, I wish you all that is fine, with this process.

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following you since the House in the Roses days. I love your blogs. I am so happy you decided to go home. I know your family is so excited for you too(-: I agree with housetropical there was a reason the house did not sell(-: I hope you are able to sell your house fast and be home before the holidays! Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I heard this I started to cry a little. I know how sad you have been where you were and wanted to go back home. God has answered your prayers. I cannot wait to see you back at your little piece of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are so lucky that your home in the roses is still available to move back too. You aren't starting over, you're going home and oh---the walls of that house will be so happy to hear your voices once again. It has missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I am with you always.." Jesus ... and so are we, Cielo.
    Wish you all the luck!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful news Cielo! Your heart was always back at 'the house in the roses'. I recall you visiting one time, and you were quite sad the garden had deteriorated so much. Your return is meant to be, and I feel it will now be your forever home. Best of luck to you and the fisherman. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant believe your going back to the house of roses... o my I thought it was sold and gone forever. How amazing.. but sad you made the little house in the woods so lovely. The new people will be getting such a delight... with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would look at it as a chance to start fresh, make it your own again. So sorry for the damage it has received though! Make it what you want to be for the future. I am sure it will be beautiful again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...