Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Summer unfolds...

The relentless days of summer are upon us in all their forces... we're wishing for rain and thunder and all the rumbled sounds of nature, when it rains, and the woods turn black and deep, and the sky low and big, like some mysterious, expectant creature of sorts...

And my days unfold slow and fast, and I live them dreaming of better days and wonderful things that are not, but will be...

Why... if you keep putting God first, His blessings will chase you down... His favor will come looking for you.  And I truly believe this!

The garden is looking so pretty in its summer garments.  Vines are growing stronger and fuller, and soon the Hyacinth Bean vine will be full in flower.  Elephant Ears are growing larger than ever, and although I haven't seen any butterfly of lately, the garden is brimming with mosquitoes and creatures of the blood-sucking sorts... ugh! I detest them.  I wish I could wiggle my nose, and make them disappear... tiru tiru tiru (wiggling music)... Just like that!







I have lost a little bit of my natural zest, and my iridescent wings have been scorched by the idiosyncrasy of the South and southerners. I confess that sometimes I choose to focus on the negatives, instead of focusing on what I've been called to focus on...  I shall work on my attitudes and the way I chose to see life.  

Hope you're all doing splendid!




9 comments:

  1. I also, so dislike all sorts of flying, biting insects... And wouldn't you know, they are drawn to me, like a moth to a flame. -sigh-

    Not only do I dislike them, I am afraid of them! They can carry more trouble, than just their itchy bite.

    Courage!!!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- The south can be oppressive in the summer when you come from the north. The places I like best in the south in the summer are found along the ocean front where you get the tradewind breezes that blow and cool off the high humidity.
    Bless you- hang in there- soon it will be fall and cooler once again. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly adore your writings, and follow as much as possible. I hope you manage to sort through the issues of 'the south', and be once again at peace. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much... I truly appreciate this...

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. It has been so hot. The humidity gets to me and I've lived here for many years. I just retreat to the air conditioned house, water my plants in the morning or evening, drink lots of iced tea and water. I guess our springs and falls make up for the hot summer. We were getting so much rain the gardens have so many flowers.
    There is something going on in my family that has made me keep saying too myself I have to just let go of the negative feelings I have about this situation. I've been mad, I've been sad but all that just makes it worse. So I just try to remember all the blessings I have. Your post reminded me that we all have things that bother us. Prayers that you are controlling the negatives :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean... negative feelings can destroy our happiness... we need to do something about them...

      Cielo

      Delete
  5. I truly adore your writings, and follow as much as possible.


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much... what an honor!

      Hugs to you!

      Cielo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...