Monday, June 26, 2017

Butterflies

I am the little pebble that doesn't fit in—the wings, when all we see are feet.  And the garden is still the place my heart wants to live in.  The liatris are embellishing my heart in lavender, and the wispy, little white butterflies have arrived to my summer days.  My heart is a wanderer.  I must hold it back, if not it will drop down the unknown behind the horizon and it won't be found again.   


I pruned and thinned out the Crepe Myrtles.  The idea is to use an artful eye to allow fewer limbs do the job of many, and one of them had already started putting out their jewels in pink.  




My beautiful mother has starter her long slow process into the world of dreams, and is spending a significant proportion of her daytime hours asleep.  My heart is a wispy white butterfly when I think of her.  And I think of her all day long.  When my wispy butterfly wings are kissed by melancholy, they resemble tiny like fairies wings as sorrow reflects on them like light, and they would shine in a bright but brief, sudden, intermittent way.  That's how I look inside, or feel, when my soul cries.  And it's been crying a lot lately. My soul.  I don't want to.  I really don't.  Don't want to cry, or think too much or let my old soul descend into deep thoughts—like a frog into a bottomless pond.  Plump.  If I allow that, I'd be allowing my feelings to rush forth madly, and that would make my wings flicker madly, and frantically poignant, and heartbreaking.  So I won't do that.   
A post shared by @gypsycielo on
Yesterday morning I went to the garden before the kiss of dawn.  The sun hadn't come out yet, and I found myself planted in a magical world where it was just my flower-soul wedged to the earth and Nature and silence and the silence of God. Have you ever heard the silence of God? It speaks, really—that dark silence. You just have to understand it.









I'm going to sit at the edge of the moon and make new footprints all over my soul.  The magical time of childhood to stand still, and the pulse of the living earth to press its mystery into my living blood.  I want everything new.  A new moon a new earth a new her a new me, and one day I will be awaken too... to the foundation of all abundance.




6 comments:

  1. You know if we had words to comfort and heal, we would speak them. Perhaps it is for pain like this the Bible makes the statement that, "In the beginning was the word....." So sorry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... 'in he beginning'.... and until the end. I love you Gayla. Thank you for being with me through so many years.

      Your friend

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
    and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
    When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
    For I am the Lord your God." Isaiah 43:2-3
    Praying for you, Cielo.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for bringing my mind back to the place of all consolations, dear Rita. I appreciate it.

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. You have the most beautiful way with words! I recently have had to stop myself overthinking and try to keep a peaceful soul so I can relate to this post. Your blog is one of the most beautiful places to land and I am sure you touch a lot of souls not only with your lovely prose but also the most gorgeous pictures of your beloved home and garden. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for leaving such precious jewel of words on my blog.... They are like fairy bells on my little soul.

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...