Saturday, May 27, 2017

Anne with an E





...and the sun is shining high, and strong, and the garden is the peaceful, quiet sanctuary where my soul spends the best of every moment.  



This afternoon I filled every birdfeeder out there, and birds have already discovered all that goodness gifted for their enjoyment.  Oh, that my soul be like birds, always prompt to discover God's blessings scattered along the paths of my life...  


"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26. 


The geraniums are in bloom, and the bird of paradise plants are aiming high in their search for the sun under the blue bluest of skies of the end of May.



Our little white cottage is a jewel under the sun, and we love it more and more with the passing of days... there's no antique bead-boards here, no clapboards, gingerbread trims or crown moldings.  No antique hardwood floors, French doors, fireplaces or windows with wavy glass and sash cords.  No large front porch, no window seats or glass doorknobs, and yet I cannot love this little enchanting place of our any more than I already do!  I'm afraid I'm scandalously in love with it!  Yes I am!



Oh, look, here’s a big swallowtail just tumbled out of a orange Hemerocallis. Just think what a lovely place to live–in a daylillie blossom!  Oh, and could you please call me Cordelia? ;)


What can I say?  With everything that’s going on in the world and around me these days, a journey to the simpler world of Anne of Green Gables is what my old soul is seeking lately... and I am!  I've been walking towards that direction through Netflix, and the new adaptation of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s beloved 1908 novel, Anne With An E.  Have you watched it yet?


Oh but you must! You do you do!  Watch it if you haven't done so yet, I know you'll love it!  You'll fell in love again and again with the old story, and the little orphan girl whose beautiful, inquisitive spirit is so kindred to ours. The music is fantastic, and the original paintings amazing.  I love Amybeth McNulty, the girl who plays Anne. She is my absolute favorite among all the young actresses who have ever played the role.  She's a real find and the true essence of Anne’s spirit and doubts.  She's the Anne Shirley you know and love, still spunky, but in a whole new light.  


I know you'll love it!  Lucas Jade Zumann, the boy who plays Gilbert  Blythe is just adorable, and he's the perfect dreamiest male character in all of English literature.  Well, maybe second to Mr. Darcy, of course! ;)


...and take a look at Anne's room!
It cannot be any more perfect, can it!


I love Matthew, and Marilla Cuthbert, and every actor/actresses who play each roll are just exactly what I'd always envisioned them to be on my mind... forget about the previous versions of Anne and Gilbert.  I never really liked them anyways.  I always thought Megan Follows was too old, and crusty for the lively young Anne of Lucy Maud Montgomery.  But you'll not be disappointed with this new Anne.  I promise! 

Oh and please come back and let me know what you thought of it after you're done watching it, OK!

Until next time!



4 comments:

  1. Oh, Dearest Cielo, I absolutely love, love love this post of yours, I must watch ANNE WITH AN 'E', I'm sure it will amaze and move me !

    Wishing you a joy-filled day

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post. I have been planting loads of pretty things in my garden. I love the Anne of Green Gables series and have read a couple of the books. I have not watched the newest version. I went to PEI several years ago and we went to Lucy Maud Montgomery's home (or was it an aunt's home) Anyway that room was similar to what we saw there. PEI is so pretty and green.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...