Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Dear Diary...

3-20-17

I had never experienced such a disappointment as far as weather goes since we moved to the south.  And as it is, the month of March has been such a treacherous, difficult thing to bear this year.  In the outside and inside of me, things have been equally bleak and as ridiculously erratic as March has been. 

A strong, healthy sun brought me out this afternoon, and for the first time in weeks I was able to sit outside and enjoy a cup of cinnamon latte while watching the birds in their comings and goings, and marvel, and listen to the uncanny baby-like cry of squirrels in the woods.  


Look at those eyes and pose... a witch of a bird for sure!







I tried to pray too, as I used to, but found myself faulty and emptied, standing on the arid landscape from which God had disappeared.

"Jesus has a very special love for you, but as for me, the silence and the emptiness is so great, that I look and do not see,--Listen and do not hear--the tongue moves in prayer, but does not speak ... I want you to pray for me--that I let Him have a free hand."  Mother Teresa 





Things are growing slowly, but they are, and I already can see green, young crowns sprouting from the ground like some holy beings in the transition of resurrection. 

The kois and goldfishes are nowhere to be seen and I guess they are waiting for the water to warm up, and the land to paint itself in lively greens, but the pond is looking awesome in its dark bottoms and water that maintain its fullness, and never decreases.  I love it.









This afternoon while I was out in the garden, I saw a woman and her daughter going by our little white cottage and suddenly my heart was alight with joy... for I instantly knew who they were...  Jane, and her young  daughter... an older, overweight version of the woman I remembered from four years ago, but nonetheless Jane.  And I was happy to see she was well, and sad too that I couldn't approach and say hi, because by the time I had reached the hill they were already going down and too soon disappeared from my vision, leaving me only with the hope of seeing then again this year. 

The garden is already looking so much prettier now, even when there's practically nothing blooming there yet. The other day I throw away all those plants that got damaged by frost and cold temperatures, and for the first time I'm not dwelling on what is gone.  I has set my mind on new flowering pots embellishing our little patio in the back and front porch and this brings a lot of joy.  I'm determine to freed my spirit of unnecessary worry and accept things I cannot change.  It is not resignation—it's an act of faith, and liberation.    




 Thank you for being here with me!  



12 comments:

  1. Oh, Cielo, I hear the melancholy in your heart. This is life... too beautiful to swallow and too delicious to observe... and then bitter, too... I would love a cup of coffee with you! And oh, that bird made me laugh my own sort of witchy, droll laugh.... What a gift you have with your photos. Embrazos, Querida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can read the secret lines of my heart, my friend... and I thank you. I can too hear your wonderful witchy laugh, and that makes me smile! ;) Thank you... a big hug.

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. "I am always with you. Matt. 28:20." ... and so are we, Cielo. I pray for you.

    :)
    Rita


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reminder dear friend... we all need to be reminded of this from time to time, don't we...

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Cielo, I too am feeling melancholy. I have no explanation for it...we shall pray for each other.xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's call "life"... let us open up to the "Sun"....

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. Can't wait for my garden to bust out in bloom. I have a lot of green right now and most my plants bloom at different times. I love watching the leaves open up and grow each day on the trees. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and yes....the WITCH bird looks like a witch in hiding.

      Delete
    2. oh and yes....the WITCH bird looks like a witch in hiding.

      Delete
  5. Can't wait for my garden to bust out in bloom. I have a lot of green right now and most my plants bloom at different times. I love watching the leaves open up and grow each day on the trees. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearcielo I lost touch with You for so Long Your new blog is as amazing as your Last I really dont know how you do it Do not be A Witch Gods Plan For You So Much Greater Mary Did you Know Your Baby Boy Would Someday Rule The Nations Blessings For A Beautiful Easter I at the Moment am going through emmotions hidden in these rooms of our Souls Give us Grace Og Lord To Listen To That Stilk Small Voice Even when we put our will before yours Blessings Dear Talented One

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AM NOW ON GOOGLE+ Under Christian Woman From Essex poetry pics secular spiritual all sorts but Fibromyalgia limits use due to radiation of tablet But Am Thankful for Blessings Even when so difficult Easter Hope and Love

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...