Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The October girl

The little white cottage feels wonderfully cool for the first time in a long while, and it is a most delicious coolness. One that harmonizes perfectly with feelings of comfort and happiness and all the coziness and glorious essence of home, and happy October days.  This is because temperatures have dropped considerably, with 56 degrees in the early morning, and days are sunny, and perfect, with gentle cool winds sending showers of leaves all over my little world.


From somewhere around the pond comes the enchanting music of a solo singer cricket.  I listen to its wild notes and wish I could become one with him, crawl under the Elephant ears plants and yellowish-green Creeping Jenny and find his dwelling place.  His dwindling, enchanting music can only reaffirm those magical, wonderful feeling that already the month of October convey, and you cannot help but feeling transported to some unknown, magical place only you know.  You know you have been there before, walked there, been there on those extraordinary moments in life when, on looking around you, you grab life by its wings and decide to go soar with it.  That's just how enchanting October days are to me...    


The pond is collecting myriads of beautiful golden leaves too... which I love, although the Fisherman dislikes it, and keeps reminding me that we need to winterize the pond and put the net on to protect it from these very same things I so love... and the water is clear, and bubbling and the fishes seem to be so happy too, wiggling and moving so fast, as if they too have been imbued with these feelings of happiness hanging from the fingertips of these first crispy days of autumn..




...and the light filtering through the trees in the woods at the edge of the garden has a magical quality to it, giving us reason to think that night is already upon us while it really is still daylight. 




An olive-gray light that illuminates everything it touches with magic and wonder and a heart filled with a new joy and immense gratitude for everything that's good.  And all around me appears glorious, and infinite beautiful, making me want to wear layers and layers of puffy long skirts, dance with invisible angels and sing like Andra Day. 


Hadn't I said before that I am an October child?  Oh, but I am.  I am a Libra.  And all day long today it will be my birthday. 


If you are a Libra, then we must share a lot of similarities as far as personality goes.  Who comes up with all these things about us Libras I don't know, but what they say is so incredibly accurate, and true, it is frightening.









And that's it!  
Hope you have a lovely day wherever you are, my friend.  
And thanks for coming by.  
You make this day, an extra special day just by being here!

HASTA LA VISTA!



21 comments:

  1. A very Happy Birthday, if this is what you mean.

    If so, it is a lovely time for a birthday, certainly. Our first child was born in Oct.

    October blessings,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes, it was my birthday yesterday, Oct. 11! Thank you for the good wishes! And by the way, just out of curiosity, does your Oct child share some of the personality traits I posted here? Are all Libras like me? Hehe... I wonder!

      Cielo

      Delete
    2. Actually, no. :-) I was thinking this, when reading your personality traits. She is very down-to-earth. Matter-of-fact. This is how things are! Etc. Not a faerie spirit.

      Sometimes, attributes of the signs, don't fit, I guess.

      But then again, a family doesn't need more than one person, with her head in the air! I fully take up that role. >,-)

      Autumn blessings,
      Luna Crone

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Cielo. This is the perfect time of year for a birthday. The magnificent colors and smells that decorate your world are the icing on the cake.
    We share similar taste in many things although I am a December girl born on the 25th. Hope you had the happiest of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh you are a Christmas baby! Oh! ;) Thank you Sherry! I had an splendid day!

    Hugs

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FELLOW LIBRA GAL !
    I also love this time of the year. I watch for fairies. I enjoy the enchanting changing of my yard. Everyday, new colors of Fall take over! You and I are cut from the same cloth; Imagination and special feelings that not too many understand! Stay Wonderful! Keep posting! Hugs from Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh kindred! Yes yes! ;) Are you aware that we are a rare breed of woman? Hehe... that's another interesting saying about us Libras... yeah, that's because we come from Venus... ;)

      Cielo




      Hugs

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Cielo! I'm sorry to be so late, I was just able to see your post....HURRICANE! I hope it was as wonderful as you are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend.... can hardly wait to return to Tampa! Hope you all are doing well.

      Cielo

      Delete
  6. Oh my dear friend! Happy birthday! I love October and all its splendors. I am in love with the moon tonight, and even last night. So beautiful. I am not a libra but it is one of my rising signs so I am a good deal like all your libra posts... I am a cancer but two thirds air from libra and gemini... whatever all that is... I just know it is usually rather true.

    I have loved wandering in your woods and garden this summer. It can be melancholy here inside but I do get out through your enchanted portal now and then.

    I saw your Instagram post on your birthday. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gayla... let's go to the woods for a stroll... everything looks so lovely these days, sunshiny and showers of leaves... come on!

      Hugs to you

      Cielo

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday. I love the cooler temps. Now if it would just rain. I am an October child too. My birthday is later in the month so I am a Scorpio :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday lovely lady... I'm not a Libra, but I have several in my family... And I love October just the same... Have a wonderful birthday oops I'm late... Well as they say better late than never I hope you had a wonderful day with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Cielo, a happy birthday for the 11th! My blog list disappeared overnight from my blogs sidebar, and I've been chasing my favourite blogs to reinstate them since! You are happily reinstated, but I'm sorry to say that I missed your special day in the meantime. My Mum was a Libra, and was strong, beautiful, and creative, just like you. I hope you had a beautiful day. You look like an angel...as always. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi... hope you're enjoying each lovely day of autumn wherever you are!

      Cielo

      Delete
  10. October 26, 2016
    ~
    Where have you "disappeared" to? :-) Traveling again, perhaps.
    ~
    "Listen! The wind is rising,
    and the air is wild with leaves,
    We have had our summer evenings,
    now for October eves!"
    ~
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes I'm back I'm back!! Yes, the wind is rising and beautifully swirling all leaves around and about... how joyful!!

      Cielo

      Delete
  11. I´m a Libra too. Maybe that´s why I love your blog so much.
    :)
    Winter greetings from Sussie in Sweden!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...