Friday, June 24, 2016

Gypsy summer days

Oh hi there... where have you been?  I have been looking for you everywhere!  I thought you were coming over for some magical days... 


We've been busy entertaining some very dear people; old and young as well, while the little white cottage basks under hot, sunny days, happy, and full at all hours of day.


 Under the tall flowering pear trees behind the garden we parked the Gypsy Caravan.


...and decided to live there for a few days...


Two gypsy girls were seen 'round the gypsy camp... a lovely young gypsy girl named Jade, and that old gypsy woman Esmeralda.   Have you ever met someone for the first time, but in your heart you feel as if you’ve met them before?  That's what I thought ;) 


They were inseparable those two... the girl and the old woman... always together; playing, singing, collecting flowers and performing their gypsy dances and songs under the tall trees...


Once, or twice, they were seen chasing birds out of their gypsy trailer.  How those poor feathered creatures of the air found their way into their trailer no one could say... but then again, even birds have to love it in there, for although their gypsy trailer looked like a simple country wagon, inside it felt cozy and luxurious beyond belief!  And how lovely and mysterious the dark woods outside! 


The gypsy girl and the woman loved it there... outside their gypsy caravan, beyond the little garden... there where the grass grew long and deep, slept the fairies in the deep dark woods...  how enchanting!


It was nice playing there, and pretending we were topflight entertainers of the Orpheum theaters.  On one very special occasion, we even got a phone call from the very famous vaudeville impresario Gustav Walter, who just called to make sure we were getting ready for our show in the next hour...


The dusty hems of their bunched-up skirts, the worn straps of their nightgowns, the blackened soles of their bare feet... all this and the pungent air! Oh what lovely, lovely gypsy days...


...but the season is being hard upon our gypsy bodies, and the heat of summer merciless upon our flowery heads. Has it been this hot in your parts of the woods too?  My days are going by in less than a snap, it's crazy and it is so hot around here and so many many critters of the flying sorts making me go bonkers.... really, they must like me a whole lots!  How does one get rid of invisible biting bugs?


Oh I hope you're having some very extra lovely days yourselves... the little gypsy girl Jade and I have a very special gift to give you... from us, to you.... 


Blessings...


9 comments:

  1. O indeed this is the lovely ladie I once knew who lived once upon a time at the House Of Roses. Charming and enchanting a magical soul... Leaving behind her fairy dust here in San Francisco we have hadd much wind and I worry for the fairies and their wee houses.. I have tried to shelter them so they stay warm.. Today we had sun but still wind... I hope everyone stays good.. Thank for your love gift Jade... If you like to come and tea with me and share a peach galette I would so love it so... And you can bring everyone... Good evening with love Janice😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be there for tea lovely Janice... on the wings of fairies! ;)

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. Your post made my heart sing. I know you are making memories for a lifetime. Hugs from Missouri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend.... a life of memories indeed. Isn't that how our souls are sustained? Love for you here. Always.

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. What beautiful, happy, magical times! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Each time I visit you here I come away feeling happy and blessed.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, thank you so much for the beautiful meaning you gave to my name. (I couldn't figure out how to post a reply on your Name Aesthetics page). I've always felt that my name is plain and ordinary, but you have breathed magic and beauty into it and helped me to think of myself in a new way.♥

      Delete
    2. Oh Susan I am so happy to hear that... and happy too that you liked Tallulah's interpretations of our lovely name. ;)

      Hugs to you

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. I wonder what a lovely, unique, experience yours was, dear Cielo !

    Hope you're having a beautiful day I'm sending blessings on your days to come,
    with much thankfulness

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...