Saturday, January 2, 2016

Creating moments

Will it rain, sleet or snow?  Two nights ago, Lady Fog came out of her hiding place somewhere behind the horizon, and wrapped her pale arms tightly 'round our little white cottage... thick sheets of fog hung heavily down from the night sky in ghostly-like manners.  It was so foggy, you couldn't even make out the outline of the nearest home in the neighborhood.  A ghostly night, appropriate for a Walking Dead story, indeed. 

Then, with the last day of December along came Winter.  This morning, the bare branches blew in the breezes in chilly north winds, and the sky took the steely gray color of the sky before the snowfall... over to the left where the wintry looking woods stand I could hear the incessant cry of a lonesome hawk.  Maybe Mother Nature's mumblings with the northern winds had something to do with the bird's strange behavior?   Who knows!

Today is Little Miss Fairy's last day with us at the little white cottage.  Before going back home we made sure to make her favorite dessert... chocolate cake!


She adorned it with some pretty pink and blue edible jewels and some whipping cream that, much to her disappointment it immediately melted right into the cake,... 


Oh well, at least we can't say we didn't tried! 


The other day we visited our newly established community Goodwill ( the first one ever in our little town) and found some awesome treasures... among other things, I bought a bunch of music books for a project I've been envisioning.  I particularly love this one because of the name of it... it drew my attention immediately... 

In Mythology, Pan is the god of the wild, shepherds and flocks, nature of mountain wilds and companion of the nymphs...  it sounded so dreamy.


And this one... as you can understand, my favorite it of all:  Down in Yon Forest 


I wanted to make some art for my Gypsy Room.  Some mixed media type of art that I could transfer unto canvas for my walls.  And this is what I came up with...  


First off, I wanted to give my music sheets an antique look.  All you need for this is hot, black coffee or tea, a teaspoon or so of instant coffee for splashing, a baking sheet larger than the piece of paper you want to antique, a sponge brush, or soft bristle brush, paper towels and an oven... Pre-heat your oven to the lowest setting and please..... keep a watch on your project just in case of flame ups, K!

I saw Martha antiquing paper a few years ago, and although I don’t remember her technique, I played around with the general idea.  I'm sure you can find some good instructions on how to do this on the Internet.  


Down in Yon Forest canvas... The antiqued paper turned out just lovely! 


For my gypsy girl canvas, 
I first Mod Podged this lovely gypsy-like wrapping paper 
(also found at the thrift store) 
onto the canvas
then I glued down the rest...  


So colorful
So pretty!


Credit for the arts I used -- Pinterest.  Now, I don't know how the copyright thing works for images posted on Pinterest, but I figure that images found on social media sites are good for public use. Many of my own photographs are all over the Internet... and that means I cannot control what others would do with them.  Well, at least I hope I'm not infringing any laws.  


How's your January coming along thus far?  Can you believe this is already the second day of the new year?  Time... time is an uncontrollable magical thing.  It goes by way too fast. It's been super cold here and I am so ready for those sunny spring days.  There's so much I want to do out there in the garden, but I must wait and enjoy each minute...


Life is a great gift and I hope you take time to do what makes your soul happy this year! 


See you soon friends!
LINKING TO:
TUESDAY CUPPA TEA
NO PLACE LIKE HOME



3 comments:

  1. I so enjoy your posts, have been reading them for several years now. I love the sense of magic and positive expectancy you share. I wish you every magical thing you could wish for in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about Tessa's cake but I'm sure it tasted good. I love old sheet music because there is so much you can do with it. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is my first visit to your blog. I'm visiting from The Scoop Party and I'm in awe of your artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...