Thursday, December 18, 2014

A coffee nook

I am a morning coffee gal… which means, according to my own little life’s dictionary, that mornings cannot be any more magical or glorious or lovelier than when I start with coffee… coffee to warm my body and melt my soul.  Now, there’s true magic in this imagery, doesn’t it! ;)


My husband and I love coffee… coffee shared in the early morning.  We have our standard drip coffee maker, a percolator, a Keurig for our gourmet coffee, tea, hot cocoa and iced beverages, our stovetop espresso maker and espresso and cappuccino machine for the perfect 'coladas'… so when we bought our little white cottage, the very first thing I though of as far as home projects go, was to build a coffee station with all the cups and supplies stored right there.


We chose a perfect little nook for it, just by the open shelves where I keep all of our everyday white dishes.  


We brought this little chest of drawers from the house in the roses. It had gone through quite a metamorphosis as you can see here… from a soft pink, to a darker shade of pink to a two-tone green...


Never planned on using it in my new kitchen then, but it was just the perfect fix for my small cottage kitchen and perfect too with my palette of teals...  It  just needed some pretty pulls for perfection...


I later found this really great shelf with drawers for an awesome price at The Christmas Tree Shop.  I new instantly it would be perfect here. 


Things are stored in the cupboards… sugar, sweetener, tea bags, coffee and the all the important things for our lattes!
 

 Cups and spoons should live close to our kettles and espresso machine, don't you agree? 


The same applies to the inside of the drawers of the little chest…


I keep improving things...
The cutest of mugs to choose from...
Yellow, pink, blue


Coffee Shop open 24 hours


Then I decided to embellish my coffee/sugar containers with some pretty labels that I downloaded from the Internet and glued onto the jars using Mod Podge.


Finally I made this pretty table topper with a one yard fabric from Walmart that match perfectly with the colors of the kitchen...


So, here it is in all it's glory… my new coffee bar.  I love it.
I love the height it adds to this side of my kitchen,
and I love the vintage look of the shelf.  


 Peace, love & COFFEE


And I love my coffees! 



{Peace, love & COFFEE}




LINKING WITH:
FEATHERED NEST FRIDAY
SHABBILICIOUS FRIDAY
FRUGAL FRIDAY

9 comments:

  1. I'll be over first thing in the morning for coffee. And I'll bring some warm banana nut muffins. Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes yes... please do come over... and don't forget the banana nut muffins! ;) Anybody else wants to come over? What would you be bringing? ;)

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. hermanas del corazón.... Love your coffee nook....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayla mi querida Amiga... I love you!
    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be there in the morning with pumpkin white chocolate muffins I love your coffee station! Peace, Love, and Coffee to you Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, love your coffee bar.... I saw your post yesterday am before I went to have a medical procedure done and it made me want that cup of coffee that I was so missing even more. So cute and the shelf was the finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very nice you've made things.
    Please drop by!

    Happy Christmas,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage


    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming coffee bar. I love all the roses. . .both fresh and on your cups, etc. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss Coffee you did a wonderful job at the transformation its a perfect little coffee station.. I adore the modge podge on the jar its perfect.. With love Janice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...